Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think this is strange

Options
  • 27-03-2009 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

not sure this is in right forum but thought it might be some form of malware although I ran scans with spybot,adware,avg all came back clean except adware which showed coolwebsearch which was removed

I was trying to visit a site today and a dialog box came up looking for a pass word and username without the site loading this is suspect enough but it also said "password is test". and "username is test". do you think this is odd . I have visited this site before and never seen this. other sites load normaly
    needless to say I have not entered anything

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Adder1

just as an update. I changed the Service provider DNS server to OPEN DNS and the site is loading normaly now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭Dartz

It was the website.

It wasn't asking for your username and password, it was asking for you to fill in test into each block. Which would've done nothing.

Piratebay does it from time to time

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Adder1

Thanks for that Dartz. I never came across it before. I did realise it wasn`t asking for my user name/password but thought it might be malware intercepting the link and clicking on it might activate it, maybe a bit paranoid but better safe than sorry.
    thanks for the reply

Advertisement