Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6-a-side Good Friday tournament

Options
  • 27-03-2009 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭

Got the following text yesterday. Text back to see who Any is, replied saying it's Andy Conroy. Think the name rings a bell but I can't place him. I'm guessing this is the same 6-a-side tournament we entered in the Astropark in Tallaght last year.

"Hi Jules, Only 2 weeks to the Good Friday 6-a-side Tournament. 15 teams in, we need a min of 24.Teams up to 10 players. 300 euros per team.Prizes up to 4000euro. Andy".

We underperformed badly in it last year so this would be an opportunity to set that straight. I might have to be in work on the day, but we will hopefully be able to field a team. That said, €30 a man is quite steep, not sure if it's for charity. If they really dish out 4,000 of the 7,200 euro 24 teams would bring, that'd be leaving 3,200 profit so wonder where that'd be going, would want to be for a decent cause. And I'd be surprised if they really do dish out 4,000 euro of decent prizes.

Still, there'd be a chance to get our hands on some medals and a cup I'm sure and after last night I'm hungry for silverware :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Dabatter

Hi FrankGrimes, Have you played the national 5 a sides in Galway, On every bank holiday wekend May 30th/31st? I am thinking of it - 7 players in the squad and 100 per team so will cost less than your tallaght tournament..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Is that the Liverpool fans thing? That was during last summer I thought?

Advertisement