Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 2009 for €12.99

Options
  • 27-03-2009 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Afternoon people. I was in HMV on my lunch. I spotted the bargain above. Now I already have Fifa so I chanced my arm and went into Gamestop a couple of doors down to get Resident Evil 5. I asked the cashier how much they were giving for Fifa on trade in. She said €18. So I went back into HMV and bought Fifa to get my fiver off. So if you dont need the game and want to save a fiver you now know what to do.

This is for PS3. I didnt check for X-box cause I dont have one.

regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

what format is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

Sorry. Its for PS3. 1st post edited now to reflect this.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭eioneill

No worries mate. Just doing my bit for the Boardsies. The offer was in Henry Street in Dublin. But I'm presuming if they are doing it all the HMV's are! I think Stranglehold on the PS3 has been reduced to the same price aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Going in now. Will check if they have it on Xbox. Broke my Fifa disc the other week and been looking for a cheap copy or a place that will buff it out.

Will just buy it if it's under 20 though for the Xbox.

So cheers OP (hopefully).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

this in any other hmvs outside of dub?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭HoPpiE

Damn, if only i was in Galway today, i'd buy all the Fifas in HMV and sell them back to Gamestop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

19.99 for Xbox.

17.99 with student discount ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭tommyjin83

I went in to HMV today on Graffton st and FIFA 2009 is 32.99 and that's the ON SALE price, but FIFA 2008 is 12,99 on sale.
    So i presume Henry St is the only one thats doing it, but it just doesn't make sense. Anybody else tried their luck.
    PS: The games are in PS3 format.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Fifa 09 for PS3 was 12.99 in HMV Limerick (crescent) today. Only one copy there though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

There are a few decent offers on games in the HMV sale. I got blacksite for 11.99,havn't played it yet but heard it was good. At that price,its worth a try anyway.

I also saw Mass Effect for 12.99,now that is a bargain.If i didn't have it already I would have bought it. Brilliant game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

tvnutz wrote: »
    There are a few decent offers on games in the HMV sale. I got blacksite for 11.99,havn't played it yet but heard it was good. At that price,its worth a try anyway.

I also saw Mass Effect for 12.99,now that is a bargain.If i didn't have it already I would have bought it. Brilliant game.
    YES i saw that too, I paid full price for that game when it first came out and it was worth every penny, its a steal at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

game give ya 15 euro trade in on fifa 2009 for the ps3. looks like gamestop is your best bet to trade in. wouldnt imagine xtravision or smyths would give ya much more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Don't really think HMV in Galway got the notice about it. It's €39 on PS3.

NFS ProStreet is €13 on PS3 if anyones interested there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

It is back up to €32.99 in HMV in Henrys Street in Dublin.

Advertisement