Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Meal for Two - €11.50

Options
  • 27-03-2009 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭

Saw an ad in the Metro today for a meal deal in Tesco.

Main Course for two
    Side for Two
    Dessert for Two
    Bottle of Wine

€11.50

Not bad, seems everyone is jumping on the meal deal bandwagon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Just picked up the M&S offer 20 minutes ago, must have a look at these soon, at least its good value for the consumer! What type of food do they have on offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

majiktripp wrote: »
    Just picked up the M&S offer 20 minutes ago, must have a look at these soon, at least its good value for the consumer! What type of food do they have on offer?

It seems to be their high quality range. You can see the ad and some of their food on offer on page 9 of the Metro at www.e-metro.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Elessar wrote: »
    It seems to be their high quality range. You can see the ad and some of their food on offer on page 9 of the Metro at www.e-metro.ie

still got nothing on M&S

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

still got nothing on M&S

you would say that :D

I agree though!

Is the M&S offer on this week? last weekend it was on for mother's day

yep, for some reason they've done it 2 weekends in a row
    and the lot they have one this time is the best selection they've had in ages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

Meals for two is questionable in tesco, more a large meal for one.

Selection was weak enough and deserts not that nice.

For a euro extra M&S have edge

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

yep, for some reason they've done it 2 weekends in a row
    and the lot they have one this time is the best selection they've had in ages

The desserts are a let down this week at M&S. It's sponge pudding, sponge pudding and sponge pudding. I think that there was a cheese selection, but it was all gone from the shop. Great value wines to be had though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I just got 2 of the Tesco meal deals. Thought it was great value, but it turns out I was overcharged on them. So watch your receipts guys.

They charged me 41.03 for all the items, then took 13.17 off at the end. So I lost 4.86 which I know I won't be arsed about going back to them about.

Oh well. Its been that kind of day generally. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I just got 2 of the Tesco meal deals. Thought it was great value, but it turns out I was overcharged on them. So watch your receipts guys.

They charged me 41.03 for all the items, then took 13.17 off at the end. So I lost 4.86 which I know I won't be arsed about going back to them about.

Bring you reciept back to Tesco next time your there and they should give it to you for free as they miss charged. Could be a nice freeby:D

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

I was just in tesco today & I never noticed any meal deals. Where are they usually? (sligo)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭jaffa20

meh, m&s definitely better quality. You'd think they'd be a bit more competitive and make it 10euro. Maybe M&S might become more competitive now though. The wine is lovely from there. Worth about 8 euro by itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

Del2005 wrote: »
    Bring you reciept back to Tesco next time your there and they should give it to you for free as they miss charged. Could be a nice freeby:D

It's got to the stage where I check my receipt every time in Tesco as they are forever getting the prices wrong.

Although they push having the price right or you get the items free, they weasel out of it on deals like this and just refund the overcharge. Or at least that's what they said when we got overcharged on a x items for y euro promo last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Did you buy: Steak Diane / Chicken Chassure / Filo tart
    Chunky chips / Mash potatoes
    porfiteroles / eclair
    red / white wine / orange juice

I bought 4 meals in total, all offers worked

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    porfiteroles / eclair

is that the full selection???

Don't know that's just what I bought

MoonDancer wrote: »
    I was just in tesco today & I never noticed any meal deals. Where are they usually? (sligo)

In Sligo, its just at the beginning of the chilled food section. Opposite the Beef, just down from the deoderant. :p
    nephster wrote: »
    It's got to the stage where I check my receipt every time in Tesco as they are forever getting the prices wrong.

Although they push having the price right or you get the items free, they weasel out of it on deals like this and just refund the overcharge. Or at least that's what they said when we got overcharged on a x items for y euro promo last time.

I've heard a few people saying always check your receipts from Tesco. If its a few euro I'm usually not too bothered, but a few euro every few sales soon adds up for them.

As for going to look for a refund. Urgh. I need to choose my battles and Tesco is not one I relish. How many people like me just let it go though..
    wmpdd3 wrote: »
    porfiteroles / eclair

A selection of the above, bar the dessert, which was Lemon Torte (I think), it was the only dessert left at the time. Still great value, but it just takes the "glow" off it, being over-charged.

Its pretty crap business practice really, they advertise this heavily and, I imagine, aren't making a huge amount on it, but then mess it all up by not bothering to sort out a few barcodes..

And, God, the Sligo store is claustrophobic, I'm heading back to Dunnes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that this deal was €10 the first few times Tesco did it, and has been upped to €11.50 now.

For the extra euro, I think most people would go to M&S. Tesco seem to be increasing prices all over the place lately, this one isn't as sneaky as the others though!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Picked up Steak Diane, Smoked Bacon Potatoes, a big tray of Profiteroles (normally €6!) and the white Chilean wine for €11.50.

Great value it must be said!

Nothing was left :( I was left with the vegetarian dish. Portions weren't generous either but was total saving of 10.50euro anyway so can't complain i suppose.

Thought the Spinach & Ricotta Parcels looked tasty myself..

• Advertisement

basquille wrote: »
    Thought the Spinach & Ricotta Parcels looked tasty myself..

Meh, they were too cheesy for my liking. I ate them though.:P The mash was ok. The Profiteroles were lovely. The wine will do the meal justice :o

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

The white Australian is waaaaaaaay nicer than I expected. And it also got me waaaaaaaaay more drunk than I expected!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Tesco in Cavan didn't have it. When I asked, the girl at the Customer Service desk looked at me like I was a crazy person. Oh well.

That is, in fact, a lie.

I checked my receipt, but did I check my fridge? I had forgotten one of the starters, which means I was charged separately for all the items.

So I paid 17.89, for mains, dessert and wine. If I included the starter at 3.49 it would make the full deal cost 21.38. Or 11.50...

To be fair, I had a huge trolley of shopping, a couple of kids hanging off it, and was belting round in a rush. Still though.. :(

The worst of it is, I don't drink, plonk will be given to a friend, hate desserts, so will be given to mother, steak was grim, and cheddar mash was not acceptable to daughter. So in fact, I lost 400 euro. Ish. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭anoisaris

That is, in fact, a lie.

I checked my receipt, but did I check my fridge? I had forgotten one of the starters, which means I was charged separately for all the items.

So I paid 17.89, for mains, dessert and wine. If I included the starter at 3.49 it would make the full deal cost 21.38. Or 11.50...

To be fair, I had a huge trolley of shopping, a couple of kids hanging off it, and was belting round in a rush. Still though.. :(

The worst of it is, I don't drink, plonk will be given to a friend, hate desserts, so will be given to mother, steak was grim, and cheddar mash was not acceptable to daughter. So in fact, I lost 400 euro. Ish. :p

No think you were actually just charged wrong price there is no starter in this deal, just the side! since you got the cheddar mash you have that section covered.Dessert, mains, side, drink-sounds like you had them all so should be due refund.

anoisaris wrote: »
    No think you were actually just charged wrong price there is no starter in this deal, just the side! since you got the cheddar mash you have that section covered.Dessert, mains, side, drink-sounds like you had them all so should be due refund.

Thanks, but I actually bought two "sets" of the meal deals. So one was grand, the other I forgot to put the starter/side in my trolley, hence the cost.

Ah well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ag rothaíocht

they have it advertised outside and inside Tesco Roselawn....but at the section a nice notice saying sorry offer not available!

As far as I know lemon tarte wasn't in the offer.

Had it last night..

Thought the Steak Diane was lovely myself. Cooked it just under the 35 minutes stated and was lovely and tender. Also had the Smoked Bacon Roast Potatoes which were "tasty-ish". The big tray of Profiteroles were absolutely delish too - probably worth the €6 they're charging for them alone if you'd a few people over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

I just picked up the cheesy mash, bacon pasta bake, lemon torte and Chilean Red (I didn't realise the profiteroles were in on the deal :(.. there was one sitting near the lemon tortes but I though someone had just left them there). Haven't cooked any of the food yet but sampled the wine and cant complain.
    Anyways, on checking my receipt the deal hadn't been given - NO discount had been applied at all. I went back in and got my €19.69 (or something like that) back and got my meal for free:D
    This was the Castlebar store BTW

Advertisement