Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farewell to Bugsy Club

Options
  • 27-03-2009 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭

This was the first poker site I really made my home. A great site for tournament play and despite it's relatively small size it still managed to produce some good if rather irritating players.
    Mattias Andersson - Remember him yelling his head off every hand he played in the 2004 WSOP ME - [Way before Havad Khan got in on the act]

Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control with regards to
    banking facilities, it is with regret that we have to announce it is no
    longer viable for the Bugsy's Club Poker Room to continue our business
    operations.

A real shame.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

apparently the statement isn't exactly the full truth. They didn't close because of some procedural banking problem. They lost players' deposits and didn't have enough money to pay cashouts.

Pokerstars have done a deal with them where they will take over their client base and pay you your Bugsy's balance out of your rake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Yes I suspected it was something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Laxie

I went to cash out the small amount I had on there and was greeted with a message saying they were withholding the full amount 'due to inactivity'. Checked through my history and they'd actually removed it less than 2 months after I'd made the deposit. Glad it wasn't a large sum or I'd be fuming right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

God I remember Bugsy from pretty early on in online poker, weren't they a subscription site or something? I had no idea they were still in existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Yeah they had a poker school that was subscription. A cash side and a free play side. If I remember rightly it was also one of the first sites to offer Razz. What I liked about it was it's 10k starting stack for tournaments with a 15min blind structure. I remember paying 10 dollars say and getting great gameplay for maybe three hours with only 45 runners. LOL. I also had my own stalker on the site. Very nice she was too, but Mrs Dim didn't appreciate it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Fatboydim wrote: »
    Mattias Andersson - Remember him yelling his head off every hand he played in the 2004 WSOP ME

He was a complete tosser, I'd walk a long way to slap him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

The-Rigger wrote: »
    He was a complete tosser, I'd walk a long way to slap him.

He lost his voice from shouting his head off. He must also have been a bit tired from all the running. Why is there never a TV cable in the right place to halt these loons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭SIDESHOW BOBs

their mixed game tourneys were the berries, plus you could gambool yr fpp if i rem correctly , played there about a year ago again software was so basic.

do you remember when online started going through the roof their software couldn't handle the ever increasing tourney numbers and the whole site would freeze think i jumped to stars shortly after:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

That's the first site I ever played on so it kinda makes me sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 cilldroichid

Fatboydim wrote: »
    Yeah they had a poker school that was subscription. A cash side and a free play side. If I remember rightly it was also one of the first sites to offer Razz. What I liked about it was it's 10k starting stack for tournaments with a 15min blind structure. I remember paying 10 dollars say and getting great gameplay for maybe three hours with only 45 runners. LOL.

The pokerschool is still on the go,pokerschool online.I agree with Fatboydim's sentiments about bugsys,even though i didn't play there in years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement