Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any help with filing US income taxes?

• 27-03-2009 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

sorry if this be the wrong forum, but i really didn't know where else to put it.
    I'd like to file US income taxes, going back a few years even though i wasn't living in the US.
    Ya see, even though you mightn't live in the US, ya still are meant to file your income taxes. I've read up on it and I know which forms I need to fill out and understand that I can claim a "foreign earned income exemption" up to $80,000. Which is great for me since i earn far less than that.

But my problem is, I can't make head nor tails of the bloody 1040 form!
    It's so confusing and long-winded and full of lingo that totally confuses me.

So i'm wondering are there any American's round about here that could help me? Once I understand how to do it once, i can help myself thereafter.

There's probably not very many American's visiting this particular forum. So maybe somenone amoung yerselves, can think of either an American friend that has done this, (or even an Irish one), or a business that could help me, like an HR Block equivalent. - However i've been intouch with someone that is licensed to help file income taxes but they wanted $1000 fee. And obviously that is outrageous.
    I don't earn much, and have no money in the US to declare, no interest earned or any of that mularky.
    So theorectically it should be an "easy" task for me to file.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

Not suer where you are based but my mother used
    Richard J. Dunn CPA (U.S.)
    35 Woodberry
    Carpenterstown Road
    Castleknock
    Dublin 15
    Tel: 01 8220285
    Fax: 01 8220285
    Email: Info@taxamerican.com
    Email: RJDunn@esatclear.ie

when she needed help with American tax forms. There is a list of accountants on the American Embassy website. Don't think he was too expensive maybe €40 an hr. Hopethat helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Boarder1

Hi JohnnyComeLately,

Did you get yourself sorted out on that occasion in terms of finding a competent service provider?

Boarder1

Advertisement