Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ubuntu, Samsung R510 Laptop problem

Options
  • 27-03-2009 2:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

I cannot install ubuntu on my samsung laptop for some wierd reason, used the wubi installer but whenever the option comes up to boot into ubuntu it goes wrong.

It starts up, asks me what state I'd like to continue the install with and then the Samsung start up screen comes up and im back to choosing whether to launch Ubuntu or Vista.

Any help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Try install it from the LiveCD?
    I tried to use the Mint version of Wubi before and I think it tried to download the whole CD on me again even though the thing was in my drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Ok, so how do I delete the partition that i created for it, and the dual boot at menu then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Ok, so how do I delete the partition that i created for it, and the dual boot at menu then?

You can do that in Vista. I found it handier to set up my partitions in Vista first, then select them for use when installing Ubuntu.

You would also have to do fixmbr in Vista I think, to remove Grub.

Try Unetbootin - putting the bootable live CD on a USB stick, it's a quicker install that way.

Advertisement