Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livery - Galway

Options
  • 26-03-2009 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

How much would it cost to keep a horse on a livery yard on average in Galway? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭marizpan

If i can remember correctly!the prices that were change 2yrs ago

Duffys - 75e horse 65e pony - you have to muck out yourself <snip> otherwise good, great outdoor arena

Rockmount - A bit more expensive 75/85e pony/horse i think, <snip> keep stables very clean but only an indoor to use and thats usually busy with lessons
    Galway equestrian - i havent a clue, no experience

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Asj

Any yards near gmit
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭marizpan

Both of these are near gmit. about 4-5miles , maybe nearer if you go backroad off carnmore road,

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Theponylady

There are several livery stables near the city. There is Rockmount and Duffys, they are walking distance of each other, both have indoor and outdoor arenas. There is Feeney's in Bushy Park(no indoor arena but a good outdoor arena), and there is a new yard in Moycullen. Galway Equestrian Center is quite a drive, it's closer to Athenry than the city, but it's a very well run yard. There is another yard that I think David Moore is running that is closer than Rockmount or Duffy's, but I don't know much about it.

Expect to pay 300 to 400 hundred depending on whether you want diy livery, or want full livery. All should include hay and a certain amount of shavings per week for diy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Asj

Thanks Dats great !! :P :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DiddleDo

Anyone got experience with livery in these areas for a horse? Where is the cheapest/best deal, can anyone recommend a good yard at the right price?

Thanks. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 travelsfar

This is a late response but you should also check out Cooper's Hill Livery Yard just off the Font Roundabout on the Tuam Road near the village of castlegar, it's walking distance from the GMIT. Excellent horse care and facilities at reasonable livery rates. <snip>

PM the poster for details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 avondonn

That's great info on horse livery anyone know anything on paddock available to keep small pony or if anyone is interested in sharing have 8year old

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭wosheen

DiddleDo wrote: »
    Anyone got experience with livery in these areas for a horse? Where is the cheapest/best deal, can anyone recommend a good yard at the right price?

Thanks. :)
    Knockillaree Riding Centre in Oughterard is great - Roger Joyce is the owner, I have my horse stabled there. I live in Knocknacarra (Galway City) so it's a bit of a drive out, but worth it for me - and I actually enjoy the drive after a long day working in an office! Roger is very laid back and flexible so you could chat to him regarding livery rates, and he's fantastic with the horses. I do lessons Fri evening or Saturday afternoon, and often call out during the week to exercise my horse, they have a big outdoor arena. He brings horses and ponies to all the shows in the circuit too, Rockmount, Duffys, etc etc. and his Connemara stallion won at the RDS 2 years ago. Website is http://connemarahorseriding.com/

Advertisement