Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you play online poker on Ipod Touch?

Options
  • 26-03-2009 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

I just got an ipod touch today, It has wifi and I've got that working,

Has anyone played online poker on it ?

I tried to download full tilt to it but it say the browers cant download it,

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Not yet.

There are some poker apps available for free/ 99c, most are shit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Definitely can't do it as of yet. Not really sure why no poker client has gone about developing one. Seems like it would be pretty easy to accomplish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Betjacks.ie

Apple just need to enable flash and then you'll be sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭davidgti

This would be really cool. You could play online whilst playing live ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dangerousdavid

Apple just need to enable flash and then you'll be sorted

Very difficult for them to get flash working on their devices, they've been working on it for a long, long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Very difficult for them to get flash working on their devices, they've been working on it for a long, long time.
    Actually they've been deliberately avoiding it. Flash is heading the way of the dodo very soon as new, open source and open standardised technologies that do the same thing but better come along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭The Tourist

You can play on the itouch/iphone for play money if you really want. It's in there somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dangerousdavid

fatguy wrote: »
    Actually they've been deliberately avoiding it. Flash is heading the way of the dodo very soon as new, open source and open standardised technologies that do the same thing but better come along.

I seen an interview with the Head Apple guy at the launch of the latest firmware, he was saying they are, and have been, working on a solution to get flash on the devices. Maybe he was telling porkies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

Cake sent a mail to test their mobile poker in the last week fwiw

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Reason apple were stalling on flash was it would open up other developers to launch games/apps and undercut their app store.

got the nokia 5800 there, the simplified version of flash its running wont work with PPPs flash player, which is a shame.

• Advertisement
Advertisement