Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of year social?

Options
  • 26-03-2009 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭

Since The SU aren't doing their job,
    We should try to arrange some sort of end-of-year social.
    Not a big thing,
    Just something!

What do ya'll think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭DancingDaisy

Not a bad idea, though I haven't actually been to a social since the Rag Ball when I was in first year. I tend to be terribly anti-social! I'm pretty sure there was something done along the same lines already this year, possibly for Christmas.

I'm assuming that at this stage, there won't be an Easter social either. It's a pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

The socials are pretty lame, to be honest!

It's more fun to get a big group of your friends, and friends' friends to go out!

Netsoc always try to organise 'anti socials' ...
    Should do something like that!
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I'm sure my arm could be twisted to go drinking :P

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Orange369

ha i love all the socials!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! iv only missed one in 1st yr but havent missed one since dyin for the one this wednesday:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Trust the AV CDM crowd to be worried about the drinking rather than the exams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

ye the socials are pretty sh/t

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

scruff321 wrote: »
    ye the socials are pretty sh/t

Do you go to many socials? I think picking a band like big generator makes it appeal to everyone, i just youtubed them and they look very good. Plus you can't complain about drink promo's the most expensive drink is 3 euro :D:D:D

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Do you go to many socials? I think picking a band like big generator makes it appeal to everyone, i just youtubed them and they look very good. Plus you can't complain about drink promo's the most expensive drink is 3 euro :D:D:D

Plus all the money is going to clubs and societies that have a short fall in funding this semester.. I think people should just buy a ticket regardless if they are going or not that way your supporting all the clubs and soc's in the college.

They should really advertise the fact that the money for the social is going towards clubs and socs.

They should really advertise the fact that the money for the social is going towards clubs and socs.

Dancing daisy they did advertise it, its on the bottom of every single poster in the college....

• Advertisement

Do you mean the teeny tiny writing I had to put my glasses on to see!?! :D

I think that if a social is being held for the cause of clubs and socs then perhaps calling it the Club and Socs social would be an idea. Promoting the social as something that is to benefit the students in a way other than cheap alcohol consumption is important. I'm not sure leaving it as the fine print is the way to go. How bout nice big letters across the top of the poster...

However, I may officially be blind and not realise that this is what they have done!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Do you mean the teeny tiny writing I had to put my glasses on to see!?! :D

I think that if a social is being held for the cause of clubs and socs then perhaps calling it the Club and Socs social would be an idea. Promoting the social as something that is to benefit the students in a way other than cheap alcohol consumption is important. I'm not sure leaving it as the fine print is the way to go. How bout nice big letters across the top of the poster...

However, I may officially be blind and not realise that this is what they have done!:)

+1 Agreed :)

I checked again on the way out this evening, it seems I'm not blind, and it is the fine print that reminds me of terms and conditions on a form!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Yet again, another reason why the SU are idiots ;)

Thank God their time is nearly up, although, they'll most likely try to run again!
    They're hardly going to want to leave after a year of being paid to party and "look after" people in the college.

I did hear a rumour that they are running again. Oh well. It seems we are dragging the thread of topic. So did anyone go to the Social last night? Or did ye just go drinking?!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭doledude86

i miss college socials!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Gmcthechamp

most of the socials this year have been crap, i think it might be better if somebody who is not part of the union might set one up.
    the only one i thought was any good this college year was the Halloween social.

Advertisement