Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Net thief

Options
  • 26-03-2009 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi all have norton 360 also scan with microsoft malicous software removal .On my toolbar yahoo also have a free ca antispy.Scan regularly and never had anything serious on my laptop.Did a scan two days ago with ca and it tells me i have trojan called nethief so i then scanned with norton and microsoft removal but nothing came up .After this tried super antispyware i got from here removed two trojans .Still when i do a ca scan it says i have nethief what is this and if i have it what can i do:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭numbnuts

decdev wrote: »
    Hi all have norton 360 also scan with microsoft malicous software removal .On my toolbar yahoo also have a free ca antispy.Scan regularly and never had anything serious on my laptop.Did a scan two days ago with ca and it tells me i have trojan called nethief so i then scanned with norton and microsoft removal but nothing came up .After this tried super antispyware i got from here removed two trojans .Still when i do a ca scan it says i have nethief what is this and if i have it what can i do:confused:

Thats an old Backdoor Trojan from what I can see ..

The family of classic trojan horse for hidden remote control. This backdoors uses standard client-server technology and includes two parts - client and server, both are Windows executable files (PE EXE). The backdoor server is installed on victim computers, and the client controls them from remote station.

When the server is run it registered itself in system registry. Usually modificated following key:

http://www.viruslist.com/en/viruses/encyclopedia?virusid=45289

Do this please and the wait for ASJ to reply .. Please

Please download: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
    • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
    • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
    • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
    • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
    • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
    • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
    • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location. The log can also be found here: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
    • Please post contents of that file in your next reply.

Paddy..

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭decdev

Thanks for info man i did this a few days ago and it found 2 trojans not sure of name but malware did the job should i keep malware and get rid of norton do you think thanks again

Advertisement