Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Broadband Ireland settings

Options
  • 26-03-2009 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

:)Hi does anybody have the Network/ APN settings for 3 Broadband Ireland, I have an unlocked/ Upgraded Huawei E220 7.2 Mbps capable with the Mobile Partner Dashboard, so i need to put in the settings for it to connect, reallyy appreciate if someone could help, JonJon1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sonneti

APN
    static
    3ireland.ie or 3internet

Acess Number

If you are having trouble with a new sim make sure they have verified you are an adult.. I think you can call 333

also.. welcome to hell!

(all will become apparent)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JonJon1

Thanks for your reply Sonneti, I take from the tone of your reply that 3 is a bit of a problem when it comes to setting their APN, would I be correct, JonJon`

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

sonneti's post copied to the FAQ, as it's useful information to have. I've added O2's settings, and if anyone knows the details for Vodafone, let me know or post here and I'll copy them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JonJon1

The Vodafone Apn settings are; Network- vodafone contract
    APN - isp.vodafone.ie
    user name - vodafone
    pass word - vodafone

Network - vodafone pre-pay
    APN - Live.vodafone.com
    Username - vodafone
    password - vodafone
    DNS - 10.24.59.100

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

sonneti wrote: »
    APN
    static
    3.ireland.ie

Acess Number

If you are having trouble with a new sim make sure they have verified you are an adult.. I think you can call 333

also.. welcome to hell!

(all will become apparent)

You no longer need to verify 3pay, internet has been fully open for months. Also the customer care number has changed to 1913. This is free from any mobile or landline.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

sonneti wrote: »
    APN
    static
    3.ireland.ie
    Mod, please edit this as it's 3ireland.ie, or 3internet if you want a public IP address.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,242 ✭✭✭corkie

JonJon1 wrote: »
    The Vodafone Apn settings are; Network- vodafone contract
    APN - isp.vodafone.ie
    user name - vodafone
    pass word - vodafone

Network - vodafone pre-pay
    APN - Live.vodafone.com
    Username - vodafone
    password - vodafone
    DNS - 10.24.59.100

According to Ubuntu (network-manager) the new APN is hs.vodafone.ie which in theory has HSDPA now as well?
    Don't have a vodfone sim, so maybe someone could check?

For Meteor it's giving the following APN: isp.mymeteor.ie

Regards,
    J.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ EU Digital ID ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

This may be slightly OT but I have just successfully unlocked my 3ireland E220 and was wondering if anybody had replaced the 3 dashboard with Huawei's latest firmware? Will I completely bugger the thing up rendering it even more unusable than it is with 3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

el_weirdo wrote: »
    This may be slightly OT but I have just successfully unlocked my 3ireland E220 and was wondering if anybody had replaced the 3 dashboard with Huawei's latest firmware? Will I completely bugger the thing up rendering it even more unusable than it is with 3?
    I've done it.

No repuccusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I don't know for sure, but I suspect 3 don't write Sw and theirs is just a re-skinned version of Hauwei's. No-one else is going to write drivers for a Hauwei moden, so at most it's only different versions of the GUI. You can even use the built-in Dial-Up Networking features of Windows instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,242 ✭✭✭corkie

el_weirdo wrote: »

Wasn't with 3, but i had firmware upgrade my E220 modem to the generic hauwei long before i got the modem networked unlocked.

Now testing out 3 pay as you go with it.

As with all firmware upgrades, you could potentially damage the device should the upgrade fail.

Regards,
    J.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ EU Digital ID ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭carveone

watty wrote: »
    I don't know for sure, but I suspect 3 don't write Sw and theirs is just a re-skinned version of Hauwei's. No-one else is going to write drivers for a Hauwei moden, so at most it's only different versions of the GUI. You can even use the built-in Dial-Up Networking features of Windows instead.

Actually, this is what I most wanted to know. From looking briefly at a machine, the Huawei shows up as a modem. So, I'd get the impression that using standard DUN with a phone number of *99# (and any appropriate PPP name/password) will do fine. I'm not sure where the APN would go though. Or what APN is (time for some googling I guess).

Why not just plug in the modem and do what everyone else does? Firstly, I have AutoRun turned off (Conficker, hello?!) and I'm not logged in as admin (yes, I know I'd need to be to install the modem drivers, that's ok). Plus I've had bad experiences in the past with dial up - every provider had yet another CD with yet another pointless VB dialer and yet another dumb version of IE. I don't trust them anymore!

I asked about this in two Meteor shops. First didn't know what I was talking about ("just plug it in"). Second said "You have to be admin. This isn't meant for business use" and gave me a help number to dial (which was wrong). Sheesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 andun

Hi
    i have just got a 3 all you can eat data sim which i put into my unlocked Huawei router. I tried the settings mentioned above but while it works my credit keeps getting used up. Have these settings changed and what are the new settings for 3.

Advertisement