Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ubuntu problem on Samsung Laptop

Options
  • 26-03-2009 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

I cannot install ubuntu on my samsung laptopm for some wierd reason, used the wubi installer but whenever the option comes up to boot into ubuntu it goes wrong.

It starts up, asks me what state I'd like to continue the install with and then the Samsung start up screen comes up and im back to choosing whether to launch Ubuntu or Vista.

Any help? I use a Samsung R510 if that helps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

dmcg90 wrote: »
    I cannot install ubuntu on my samsung laptopm for some wierd reason, used the wubi installer but whenever the option comes up to boot into ubuntu it goes wrong.

It starts up, asks me what state I'd like to continue the install with and then the Samsung start up screen comes up and im back to choosing whether to launch Ubuntu or Vista.

Any help? I use a Samsung R510 if that helps.

Hey man, I don't have much experience with Wubi. I usually dual-boot but if you check out the forums I'm sure you will get a fix,

www.ubuntuforums.org

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Try the LiveCD instead of Wubi. I've heard of similar problems with wubi before.

[edit[ Might be better help in this forum - OscarBravo may move it.

Advertisement