Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2009, Round 1 (feat. Cousins v Judd)

Options
  • 26-03-2009 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭

THURSDAY, MARCH 26
    Richmond v Carlton MCG (N) - Richmond

FRIDAY, MARCH 27
    Hawthorn v Geelong MCG (N) - Geelong

SATURDAY, MARCH 28
    Collingwood v Adelaide MCG - Collingwood
    Brisbane Lions v West Coast G (N) - Brisbane
    St Kilda v Sydney TD (N) - St. Kilda

SUNDAY, MARCH 29
    Melbourne v North Melbourne MCG - North Melbourne
    Port Adelaide v Essendon AS - Port Adelaide
    Fremantle v Western Bulldogs S (N) - Western Bulldogs

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

THURSDAY, MARCH 26
    Richmond v Carlton MCG (N) - Carlton

FRIDAY, MARCH 27

SATURDAY, MARCH 28

SUNDAY, MARCH 29

only one difference to you xavi. think Judd and his lot will have a good year this year. the cousins factor is a big thing for tigers alright, but think Carlton will win this one. Not convinced about Port tho either, so that was the only other one I was thinking of changing.

As far as I can make out, the Geelong and Fremantle games are the 2 on Setanta Sports this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭legend73

Very poor coverage by Sentata - I think they have the Melbourne Grand Prix. They would usually show 4 games, Lucky for me I'll get to see the Hawks in action - just hope we put up fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Horror night for the Tigers. Ripped apart from the get go and got hockeyed 150 - 67.

Nightmare for Cousins as well, doing his hammy again in the 4th quarter. The game was already done when he felt a twinge in the 3rd but the club stupidly sent him back out and it popped badly. Could be gone for 6 to 8 weeks now.

Special mention to first gamer Mitch Robinson who kicked 3 goals and put in countless tackles for the Blues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Good win for the Blues and a great start to the season. As a blues fan I was delighted with the winning margin, but from a neutrals perspective it must have been disaoppointing the game wasn't more exciting. As Xavi said, kudos to Mitch Robinson for a great game. Marc Murphy and Kade Simpson also impressed me, along with Juddy. Fev was pretty quiet, but in a way that's good as it shows that we can function up front without him.

The Tigers and their fans must be terribly disappointed. So much had been made of this game and the season had been built up a lot, much of it based on Cousins. To have him injured like that, couple with the disappointing display, must be a bitter blow (Andrew Raines' knee flared up again also, altho I haven't heard any report on how that is?). To be honest I think it was a bit silly building up so much hope founded on Cousins. Obviously he is (was?) a great player, but they had no real way of knowing how his comeback would go, and at best it was going to take a couple of weeks for him to get into his stride. The positives for the Tigers were up front. Mitch Morgan was very impressive. Jack Riewolt was also good, despite some wayward kicking.

While it was a good result for the Blues, I don't think the Tigers really put it up to them for any sustained period. The Tiger lacked intensity and I think the Blues will have a lot tougher tests. I thought there were a lot of mistakes during the game, in particular from the Tigers. I'm looking forward to the Cats and the Hawks tonight...hopefully the football will be a bit more slick!

/edit: Richo was also great for the Tigers. He's a legend, I love watching him play!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

THURSDAY, MARCH 26
    Richmond v Carlton MCG (N) - Carlton

FRIDAY, MARCH 27

SATURDAY, MARCH 28

SUNDAY, MARCH 29

Missed this yesterday but had Carlton to win last night, I promise! I had them tipped by 35 points though so got the margin slightly wrong!

It was a great win for The Blues last night, although Richmond didn't do themselves any favours with how poorly they played. Still, it's a great early boost to Carlton morale, especially for the new lads like Garlett and Robinson!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol we made 'Thread of the Day'! :D

I know I didnt throw my tips in to the thread here, but I got 7 only missing on the Western Bulldogs, still not a bad start in my tipping comp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Stupid Dodgy box means no AFL coverage for me at the moment. Glad to see St.Kilda getting off to a winning start though.

Anyone know if TG4 is still going a highlight show, or will Setanta Ireland be showing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,707 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Stupid Dodgy box means no AFL coverage for me at the moment. Glad to see St.Kilda getting off to a winning start though.

Anyone know if TG4 is still going a highlight show, or will Setanta Ireland be showing anything.

TG4 has the highlights show wednesday nights around midnight

Setanta Ireland also has them - channel is generally free to air. Again Setanta only seem to have 2 games this w/end, last year it was 4 a w/end. This is very dissapointing, my mob the Hawks featured last week and this week also but I wouldn't be happy paying 18 quid a month for a 25% chance of seeing the game on Setanta when I can pay 50 quid for a 12 month subscription to afl video to d/l all games online after they are played.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

legend73 wrote: »
    Setanta Ireland also has them - channel is generally free to air. Again Setanta only seem to have 2 games this w/end, last year it was 4 a w/end. This is very dissapointing, my mob the Hawks featured last week and this week also but I wouldn't be happy paying 18 quid a month for a 25% chance of seeing the game on Setanta when I can pay 50 quid for a 12 month subscription to afl video to d/l all games online after they are played.

yeah seems to be far more NRL games this year than last. They did only show 3 games on average last year tho, I think I did up a list of the teams and how often they were shown. They were showing Friday games for a while, and then stopped mid way thru the year and showed an extra game on Saturday instead. Hopefully they'll get back to showing more again soon.

what also pees me off is that the show the NRL footy show the whole time, but not the AFL one.

Advertisement