Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do you hear if you are successful with PGDE?

Options
  • 25-03-2009 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi Guys
    Have had trinity interview and sent application into UCD also. When do you hear whether or not you are succesful?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭Rosita

"On or after the 1st April" is mentioned in the literature for the NUI colleges as the date for offers. Whether that usually means on the 1st April or just at some stage shortly after that is not clear so in that sense it's rather meaningless. It being Ireland I would be astonished if offers were made on 1st April. It's more likely that people will be left waiting, checking and guessing, but I say that just because it's the normal experience in this country, maybe in this case it is different. But it's funny how they are utterly firm on deadlines for accepting applications yet are happy to give themselves the leeway of "on or after" the date mentioned. Trinity say they try to have offers/rejections out in or around the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 lena-bell

The trinity letters are out. My arrived at home today and my parents redirected it so I will be getting it on Monday. The waiting game continues!
    Hopefully they haven't just sent out the no letters :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,902 ✭✭✭Rosita

I got one today. It was a 'no' unfortunately, so now I'm adopting the "well, it's their loss" approach! (Even if it's probably not) ;)

Best of luck to anyone who is waiting.

Advertisement