Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Dell Laptop - Ok to use in Ireland ?

Options
  • 25-03-2009 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭

My sister brought home a Dell Laptop from New Jersey USA . This laptop was bought in the USA .

She is afraid to plug it in , as she has been told that the ESB is America is 110v , while we have 240v here .

Does she need to buy a converter , or is it ik to just plug in and use here in Ireland ?

Comments

What model of Dell is it? Check the adapter and it should tell you what voltages it can handle but the vast majority are dual voltage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I wont see this laptop until weekend , but will sure check then . Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

You will be fine, plug it in.

All laptops in the past 7-8 years are dual voltage. I've both purchased laptops in the US and used Irish laptops over there, so there is no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Nobody reads the stickies.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56018661&postcount=8

The Adapters label will clearly say what voltages it can accept as input.

eg. on mine here, "INPUT: 100-240V ~2.4A(2,4A) 50-60Hz". Works fine both here and there.

Advertisement