Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Necroscope by brian Lumley

Options
  • 25-03-2009 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

Is necroscope the best ,most original vampire series ever written?.
    Has anyone read The Touch his latest?.I was thinking of buying it,but the reviews don't seem to be great.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

I dont know but when ever a good vamp book gets written there is uasually a movie out soon after. Did Necrosope get a movie? Just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 north cider

hi , i have read necroscope : the touch and almost every other book in the necroscope series. i enjoyed it in one sense, (back in necroscope territory) and not in another ( i consider this to be the weakest instalment). have you read any of his other necroscope books ??
    i am currently reading necroscope: the lost years 1 & 2 and found myself back in harry keogh territory !! brilliant !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

I dont know but when ever a good vamp book gets written there is uasually a movie out soon after. Did Necrosope get a movie? Just wondering.

I know what your saying,but I personally don't consider a lot of these books to be any good.Just not my taste, I don't like ann rice,stephanie meyer etc.
    I did however like the book Salems lot by King ,although I'am not a huge king fan and the tv series was'nt bad
    Vampire films i liked "dust to dawn","Dracula"etc i never read the books.
    I think necroscope and the others in the series would be hard to film,but if done right could be the LOTR of vampire films.If you have read the series you will know what i mean.If not give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

hi , i have read necroscope : the touch and almost every other book in the necroscope series. i enjoyed it in one sense, (back in necroscope territory) and not in another ( i consider this to be the weakest instalment). have you read any of his other necroscope books ??
    i am currently reading necroscope: the lost years 1 & 2 and found myself back in harry keogh territory !! brilliant !!!

Yea read necroscope 1-5
    world series 1-3
    lost years 1&2
    e-branch invaders
    still have e-branch defilers and avengers to read on the shelf
    Don't know if i will get touch yourself and other reviews are not great.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

I was just looking on IMDB and there is no film of it. I thought there was perhaps i was confusing it with Necronomicon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I have loved most of the nercoscope series, haven't read Touch yet.
    Given what they deal with and how, it is not surprising there has not been a moive.
    Damn this thread makes me want to re read them all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necroscope warning does contain plot spoilers.

Advertisement