Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does this experience account?

Options
  • 25-03-2009 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi

Im a Manufacturing Engineer, made redundant last december. I Recently started working with a relative who's a book-keeper. Basically im helpiing to do up a set of accounts and VAT returns etc for small businesses.

Anyway I quite like this kind of stuff and have been thinking about doing the H.Dip in Accounting and Corporate Finance in UCC starting sept'09 and mabe changing career.

So my question (for those in the know) is; Would the type of work im doing now, stand to me in any way as experience, when/if I come out of UCC with the H.Dip and start looking for accounting practices or Industry to take me on as I look to become chartered.??

regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

00lk wrote: »
    Hi

Im a Manufacturing Engineer, made redundant last december. I Recently started working with a relative who's a book-keeper. Basically im helpiing to do up a set of accounts and VAT returns etc for small businesses.

Anyway I quite like this kind of stuff and have been thinking about doing the H.Dip in Accounting and Corporate Finance in UCC starting sept'09 and mabe changing career.

So my question (for those in the know) is; Would the type of work im doing now, stand to me in any way as experience, when/if I come out of UCC with the H.Dip and start looking for accounting practices or Industry to take me on as I look to become chartered.??

regards

I believe the engineering will stand well with you for the application. In our college for the master's in accounting they were only too happy to accept recent grads in engineering. Best thing to do is talk to the course head.

Advertisement