Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PROBLEMS WITH PERLICO BROADBAND ??

Options
  • 25-03-2009 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

I switched over to Perlico, and it was the biggest mistake I could have made. Their speeds were awful and nowhere near what was promised. I found their download / upload limits brutal, and when I went over the limit I was charged big bucks. Their customer service team were ignorant and patronising beyond belief (I was very polite, calm and did nothing to deserve the treatment I received) To top it off I cancelled my account, but they refused to cancel it, and continued to charge me for broadband. I have no option but to take them to court now. Ive heard of so many other people experiencing problems with Perlico . . . . have you had any ?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

EnigmasWhisper cross posting to multiply threads is not helpful and if you do it again you'll be banned for a week, I have already locked the other thread you posted in.

- Upload limits, Perlico make them VERY clear and allow customers to use a on-line cheaper....

- If you go over your limit and Perlico charge you this is your fault not Perlico's, you agreed to T&C's which clearly stated Perlico charge if you go over the limit.

Given your other post which is just ranting I'm doubting if you were calm when calling Perlico but then I may be wrong:

How did you go about canceling Perlico, did you do it by phone, letter or e-mail and do you have proof?

Have you actually lodged a formal complaint with Perlico to resolve your issue?

Were you in a contract when you canceled with Perlico?, if you were then they have the right to charge you a contract termination fee.

You mention poor speeds but did you correctly advise Perlico about such issues and did you allow them to troubleshoot the issue to work towards a resolution?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭EnigmasWhisper

Cabaal wrote: »
    EnigmasWhisper cross posting to multiply threads is not helpful and if you do it again you'll be banned for a week, I have already locked the other thread you posted in.

- Upload limits, Perlico make them VERY clear and allow customers to use a on-line cheaper....

- If you go over your limit and Perlico charge you this is your fault not Perlico's, you agreed to T&C's which clearly stated Perlico charge if you go over the limit.

Given your other post which is just ranting I'm doubting if you were calm when calling Perlico but then I may be wrong:

How did you go about canceling Perlico, did you do it by phone, letter or e-mail and do you have proof?

Have you actually lodged a formal complaint with Perlico to resolve your issue?

Were you in a contract when you canceled with Perlico?, if you were then they have the right to charge you a contract termination fee.

You mention poor speeds but did you correctly advise Perlico about such issues and did you allow them to troubleshoot the issue to work towards a resolution?

* Fair enough, Im not a regular user here so I wasnt aware of 'cross posting'

* I cancelled all services with them by phone and email, I have proof

* Their upload limits arent VERY clear to the average user (Im not the first to have had the same complaint) & unlike Eircom who dont charge for excessive usage, Perlico do.

* You are wrong, I dont go about 'ranting', I assume we have different oppinions of what constitutes 'ranting' Then again considering how seemingly serious you look upon 'cross posting' and banning users, Im guessing you are prone to the occassional over reaction and rant yourself.

* Of course I have lodged a complaint with Perlico, or do you assume my first port of call is here on boards to 'rant' ? I have registered almost ten complaints actually and I have had to take legal advise on the matter.

* I was of course in contract with them when I cancelled, I am not disputing any 'contract' termination fee.

* Obviously I contacted Perlico about the poor speeds I was getting, and after numerous troubleshooting procedures over the phone, they were still unable to solve the problem. They then advised me that they were sending a technician out to source the problem. He replaced a line, charged me E75 for the privilage and there was no improvements of speeds.

As a matter of intrest, while I appreciate you taking the time to offer 'advise' do you assume I I have'nt the ability to understand basic contractual principles and points of law ? Did you not consider one might logically phone their broadband provider, as I did, and ask for their assistance and go through the whole process of troubleshooting to resolve the problem ?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭EnigmasWhisper

On a seperate issue. . .Ive just viewed your photographs on flickr, very impressive indeed, well done ! Is it your occupation, your passion or both ? Im interested in taking up photography, always wanted to do do it but never got around to it for one reason or other. Problem is I havent a clue as to where to start, what camera to get etc. Initially I would like to do it for my own enjoyment, but later perhaps get into it professionaly. Any advise on a good camera etc would be greatly appreciated.....Hmmm Ive just realised this post will possibly be deleted wont it, because isnt relevant to the original topic being discussed on this thread lol Oh well, if you do read it and can offer any advise id appreciate it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

* I cancelled all services with them by phone and email, I have proof

Thats good that'll make things much easier
    * Their upload limits arent VERY clear to the average user (Im not the first to have had the same complaint) & unlike Eircom who dont charge for excessive usage, Perlico do.

Eircom, BT, UTV, Imagine etc all reserve the right to charge for going over the cap....only difference is Perlico choose to enforce it...eircom could do the very same in the morning if they wished
    * Of course I have lodged a complaint with Perlico, or do you assume my first port of call is here on boards to 'rant' ? I have registered almost ten complaints actually and I have had to take legal advise on the matter.

Given that a fair amount of people seem to often complain on boards before actually giving their ISP the chance to resolve the issue then yeah I often assume it :)

What has Perlico's response been to formal complaints you have made to them?
    * I was of course in contract with them when I cancelled, I am not disputing any 'contract' termination fee.

Ok so your ok paying a contract termination fee, fair enough most people wouldn't be :)

If your paying this and they understand this they shouldn't really have a problem imho, I'm actually amazed they don't just close the a/c then
    * Obviously I contacted Perlico about the poor speeds I was getting, and after numerous troubleshooting procedures over the phone, they were still unable to solve the problem. They then advised me that they were sending a technician out to source the problem. He replaced a line, charged me E75 for the privilage and there was no improvements of speeds.

Generally if an eng goes out and finds no fault or does line work inside your premises they can unfortunately charge fee';s

As a matter of intrest, while I appreciate you taking the time to offer 'advise' do you assume I I have'nt the ability to understand basic contractual principles and points of law ? Did you not consider one might logically phone their broadband provider, as I did, and ask for their assistance and go through the whole process of troubleshooting to resolve the problem ?

Again its often the case that many people just get fed up don't give their ISP the chance to resolve an issue and kick up hell to get out of a contract, fair enough if thats not the case in your situation and it doesn't appear to be from the info you've posted

On a seperate issue. . .Ive just viewed your photographs on flickr, very impressive indeed, well done !

thanks very much
    Is it your occupation, your passion or both ? Im interested in taking up photography, always wanted to do do it but never got around to it for one reason or other.

I do it as a hobby at the moment, perhaps something more in future if all goes well :)
    Problem is I havent a clue as to where to start, what camera to get etc. Initially I would like to do it for my own enjoyment, but later perhaps get into it professionaly. Any advise on a good camera etc would be greatly appreciated....

Really depends what your looking for camera wise and what your budget is, I'd suggest you take a look at the photo forum, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Have a read the FAQ's as they can help a fair bit and have a read of some of the threads to get an idea first

.Hmmm Ive just realised this post will possibly be deleted wont it, because isnt relevant to the original topic being discussed on this thread lol Oh well, if you do read it and can offer any advise id appreciate it

It is off topic alright but sure thats why I'm suggesting to go to photo forum :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

I have had Perlico for over a year now, no problems - except when the whole system was down for a few hours, but no great drama, much easier to contact for support than BT.

Advertisement