Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else DETEST the pokerstars payout??

Options
  • 25-03-2009 1:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

playing for 4 hours here, its only a $8 tourney, but the payout imo is so bad
    we're down to the last 100 here, and for every 18 players knocked out the prize goes up by $2....... lol
    just wondering if other people find it as frustrating as i do playing mtt's there??

recommend anywhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,863 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Its definitely frustrating. They changed the structure for some of the bigger buyin tourneys but I don't they will ever change it in the low/micro levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭yeah-buddy

Did they change it to 10%? If they did i would play there. or even 15%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

lol i finished 20th last week in that same tourney for $32!
    The only money to be made in the lower stake tourneys on stars is the final table , the higher up the stakes you go though its dispersed a bit better i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

in the $5 rebuy the other day, the first payout level was for $24.12 which was about 520th, the next payout bubble was around 390th and payouts went up to $24.13.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

NickyOD wrote: »
    in the $5 rebuy the other day, the first payout level was for $24.12 which was about 520th, the next payout bubble was around 390th and payouts went up to $24.13.

actually so standard on there... its disgusting, but i do really like their structures. thats the sick thing

dont like full tilt for mtt's, and not really a big fan of ipoker. can anyone recomment any good site for them?? was thinking maybe betfair

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

dougee19 wrote: »
    actually so standard on there... its disgusting, but i do really like their structures. thats the sick thing

dont like full tilt for mtt's, and not really a big fan of ipoker. can anyone recomment any good site for them?? was thinking maybe betfair

Very few decent gtd turneys on betfair. Why don't you like full tilt?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

never feel comfortable with the blinds unless its a deep stack tourney and still nowhere near as comfy as on stars, i dunno... guess im just picky
    and have never played a mtt on betfair so i dont know, was playing on merge for the last few hours, wasnt too bad. might see if that works,
    or give higher stakes on ft or stars a go i guess. I'm not a mtt'er though, just getting back into mtt's now so shouldnt go into the deep end too fast

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭xxmarymoxx

You cant beat boyles for great value added tourneys i no der ipoker and a lot of people give out about the bad beats but microgaming is the same bad beats everywhere ive cashed in a lot of mtts on boyles for as little as a $2 buy in ive won $120 der sit n gos are great value for money also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

What would you suggest to improve it? Less places paid? Less for 1st place?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭northwestguy27

xxmarymoxx wrote: »
    You cant beat boyles for great value added tourneys i no der ipoker and a lot of people give out about the bad beats but microgaming is the same bad beats everywhere ive cashed in a lot of mtts on boyles for as little as a $2 buy in ive won $120 der sit n gos are great value for money also

+ 1

Have to agree with this, really enjoy boyles set-up and customer service is 2nd to none.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

iPoker tournaments seem alot better now they've vastly, vastly improved the structures but I rarely play MTTs

And yeah I hate the Stars pay outs, pay out way too many places. I assume this is done deliberately to keep lots of accounts in money though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

I think Full Tilt tournament structures are great tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

They have an omaha tournament on every night that only pays the final table regardless of number of people.

I dont mind their pay structure on the majority of tournaments. If you want to play a $5 $30k gtd or an $8 $20k gtd, you know its always going to be a long slog where they pay far too many places and pay very little for minor places.

Their non gurantee tournaments have a much better payout structure so you can mix and match and find a payout that suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

Totally agree.
    They pay way to many players thus you got to make a final table.
    Winners should get at least 25% in my opinion.

Can't see them changing it.

Ipoker payouts are the best

• Registered Users Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭shano_88

full tilt is the best. the payouts are very similar to pokerstars but the structure is superior....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭spoofingjam

TripleAce wrote: »
    I think Full Tilt tournament structures are great tbh.

+1 i love full tit's structures

was just talking about this to a mate yesterday while playing a 20$ f/o u need to finish top 20 out of 1500+ to get a decent roi. but tonys right we know the payout structure before we register

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

was just talking about this to a mate yesterday while playing a 20$ f/o u need to finish top 20 out of 1500+ to get a decent roi.
    What do you define as a decent ROI? I got 6 times my buyin last night for finishing 148th/3800. That was with a decent overlay and took about 3.5 hours. This seems like a decent ROI to me, given that I was in with a chance of picking up 700 times my buyin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

+1 i love full tit's structures.
    Quoted for truth on so many levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭spoofingjam

fatguy wrote: »
    What do you define as a decent ROI? I got 6 times my buyin last night for finishing 148th/3800. That was with a decent overlay and took about 3.5 hours. This seems like a decent ROI to me, given that I was in with a chance of picking up 700 times my buyin.

i ment i would have had to finish top 20 to get the roi u got. obviously 500% roi is great but they pay needless amount of players

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

yer ipoker as 2 many beats. like i had pockets the other day and some lad won against me. not the way texas shud be played

defo rogged

• Advertisement

you will get bad beats on every site and not just online poker u can have a run of badbeats at live games also no one can predict the cards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭gondorff

you will get bad beats on every site and not just online poker u can have a run of badbeats at live games also no one can predict the cards

Your posts have to them a poetic artistry unparalleled in this forum. Sheer philosophical genius and a real delight to read.

Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Swazy911

Playing a stars MTT atm, and prize pool is 20k+ , and between the 1st 350 places, money goes up by $10, 10th place only gets 100, pretty poor, real money in top 4 pretty much

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Swazy911 wrote: »
    Playing a stars MTT atm, and prize pool is 20k+ , and between the 1st 350 places, money goes up by $10, 10th place only gets 100, pretty poor, real money in top 4 pretty much

What was the buy in? How many players etc?

I like the pokerstars structure actually, and i find it superior to full tilts... perhaps i haven't played enough tournies on full tilt, but the majority started with 1500 chips while on Stars its 3000, with quite a similar blinds structure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Tackle69 wrote: »
    What was the buy in? How many players etc?

I like the pokerstars structure actually, and i find it superior to full tilts... perhaps i haven't played enough tournies on full tilt, but the majority started with 1500 chips while on Stars its 3000, with quite a similar blinds structure.
    Full Tilt is better and has plenty of reg tournys with 3k starting stacks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

also no one can predict the cards

That's what you think!

Thats what you call cheating. And for anyone that would risk using it they would be found out and banned off every poker site for life. you will always get people that think they can beat the system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭malinh

Finished 12th in the stars 80k last night with 1800 runners for 600. Big jumps when you hit the final table, a little annoying I must admit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Thats what you call cheating. And for anyone that would risk using it they would be found out and banned off every poker site for life. you will always get people that think they can beat the system

:eek: :D :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

I once played a tourney on stars for near on 8 hours. can't remember what it was... think a $10 rebuy or something. Anyway, I finished up at 8.30am. Finished in 6/7th with AA vs 88 for the chip lead. I got something like 1200, but man I felt close to suicide... it was 16k for first.

I've had plenty 4/5/6 hour tourneys and gotten a return of sweet feck all. I do hate it......I wish they didn't pay out so much, but it is also one of the ways PS attacts the massive amount of fish that play them. It gives them a return to play the next one etc....
    So, I just accept it and move on. Never really think about the money until I reach the real money.

Advertisement