Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

education stats

Options
  • 24-03-2009 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,801 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone on this forum could tell me what the best source of statistics within the Irish education system such as

1) number of students choosing a certain subject at leaving cert and gender breakdown

2) Possible reasons for these uptake levels within the system and within any individual schools if possible.

I'm particularly interested in Physics and Maths if there are separate sources for separate subjects. I was also wondering if any of this info is available online as Im a bit pushed for time.

Regards and Thanks for any help

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,140 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Try this. (.pdf file)
    I haven't read through it fully but I think it should answer 1).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,801 ✭✭✭amacca

Thanks, appreciate it.

I found some information on examintions.ie too. Friend texted me the website.

Now all Im looking for are reasons for these uptakes. Suppose someone out there has done research/report on levels of subject uptake but still looking.

Tks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

when doing my masters i contacted CAO in galway, who were able to supply me with details of uptakes in certain subjects

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

The report of the Task Force on the Physical Sciences might be of use to you:
    http://www.education.ie/servlet/blobservlet/physical_sciences_report.pdf?language=EN

Also, various agencies made responses to that report, and you might find such response documents by Googling appropriately.

Advertisement