Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy laptop external battery

Options
  • 24-03-2009 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

hi am going on a long flight soon and the battery in my laptop doesent last long, is there any where in Ireland that sells external batteries for laptops?

like the ones on tekkeon.com or on apc.com?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Most computer stores would be able to source it for you.
    What model is it for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Honda08

Magnus wrote: »
    Most computer stores would be able to source it for you.
    What model is it for?

sony vaio FZ

would like to have it for the long flight, otherwise i will die of boredom.....:D

i like the tekkeon ones, but feck all suppliers in europe..

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

External batteries? Just went onto one of those sites you mentioned, they seem to be portable UPS's which is a bit ridiculous carrying around. Buy a new higher capacity battery for your laptop. That's the best way. You still probably wont get much more that 4 hours, at a guess, out of it. What laptop/model is it?

EDIT: I wonder how much they weigh? I doubt they're light

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Honda08

External batteries? Just went onto one of those sites you mentioned, they seem to be portable UPS's which is a bit ridiculous carrying around. Buy a new higher capacity battery for your laptop. That's the best way. You still probably wont get much more that 4 hours, at a guess, out of it. What laptop/model is it?

they are portable batteries on tekkeon, and are quite slim,
    i know someone who bought an apc one, same size really neat, he gets 8 hrs from the apc and very light

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

APC sells laptop batteries and also APC universal notebook battery, a hundred euro or so from Amazon

The yoke underneath the lappy
    battery1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Magnus wrote: »
    APC sells laptop batteries and also APC universal notebook battery, a hundred euro or so from Amazon

The yoke underneath the lappy
    battery1.jpg

Interesting. Have to say i hadn't heard of them before, my assumptions may not have been all that correct!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Honda08 wrote: »
    hi am going on a long flight soon and the battery in my laptop doesent last long, is there any where in Ireland that sells external batteries for laptops?

like the ones on tekkeon.com or on apc.com?

cheers
    Is there something wrong with your existing battery? You can also get a 9cell or similar longer life battery.

If you are using some of the older chipsets like the Pentium M or Celeron you are wasting your time as battery life in these machines were never that good compaired to the later Centrino models.

Advertisement