Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] 24, Day 7, Hour 15 [ 10 P.M. - 11 P.M.] [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
  • 24-03-2009 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭

No thread yet?! :eek:
    Perilous circumstances lead Jack Bauer and Tony Almeida to a shipyard, and back at the FBI, Agent Moss needs complete cooperation from his staff when the stressful situation takes an unexpected turn. Meanwhile, First Daughter Olivia Taylor becomes increasingly involved in the politicking, and the administration reels when a high-ranking official delivers devastating news. Connor Trinneer guest stars as Shipyard security guard Carl.

The President's daughter is an awful snakey bitch, though I thought she might have been calling someone more exciting than a journo. I guess any suspicions surrounding Ethan are gone out the window now.

Honourable of Jack to save Karl, but pretty foolish in the circumstances.

Good to see Larry Moss finally coming around to believing in Jack.

Overall a solid episode, much like the rest of the series so far.

What did you think of Day 7, Hour 15, 10 P.M - 11 P.M? 27 votes

0% 0 votes
    7% 2 votes
    22% 6 votes
    40% 11 votes
    11% 3 votes
    7% 2 votes
    11% 3 votes
    0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Okay episode,we know jack will be ok so no big deal there.

Pity the president's daughter didn't die during the attack on the white house,swarmy b!tch. :)

Renee is obviously rubbing off on Jack because he saved karl when earlier in the season he wouldn't have. still i hate when 24 brings in some character like that,someone we have never seen before and is a nobody,but yet there is always a scene that shows that this person has a wife and kids or blah blah blah so that we should feel for this character. It is really cheesy and they do it a lot.

At least Tony will be in it more now that he has been kidnapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

pretty solid episode...
    the best bit for me was when jon voight toldthe lad at the meeting about mayers death.. good scene

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Great epsiode.

I look forward to the moment that the president realises what her daughter is up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I was convinced Connor Trineer would last as long as he did in his guest appearance in TSCC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

wasn't too pushed... average episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Really says a lot about US security that terrorists can carry a WMD through the air via helicopter doesn't it?

Didn't like Jack being exposed to the gas. By any logic, he HAS to die now. Or else the WMD clearly isn't THAT much of a threat. But there's not a hope of that happening.

Still, great episode as always from this season. Gave it an 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I was thinking while I watched it that the escaping gas could have been part of the cooling/containment system of the bio-weapon, and not the actual weapon itself.

This would conveniently leave us in the situation that Jack would be okay, but the weapon would be unstable and likely to 'go critical' at any time (or much sooner than intended).

Just my thoughts on watching that particular scene, probably completely wrong. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

leggo wrote: »
    Really says a lot about US security that terrorists can carry a WMD through the air via helicopter doesn't it?

And In Washington DC too!
    Rovi wrote: »
    I was thinking while I watched it that the escaping gas could have been part of the cooling/containment system of the bio-weapon, and not the actual weapon itself.

I thought too, that it was just nitrogen or something, as it seemed to be freezing the canister.

Another good episode, overall. We see Larry finally opening a can of cop-on, and poor Ethan has to fall on his sword. Olivia is really hanging Jack out though, by leaking to the news that he killed the Senator, so I presume they'll run that story now. This could be very bad for Taylor, when it eventually comes to light (and you know it will).

Is this the end of Jack Bauer? Find out next week. Same Jack-time, same Jack-channel. I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time Jack has been exposed to lethal contaminants though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

In fairness, it only takes him a couple hours to get over heroin addiction so biological weapons should be a piece of piss! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I agree that he'll be grand, the gas coming out was probably either coolant (as said before) or some part of a weaponary gas that hasn't been mixed into something dangerous yet. Or maybe the cdc will get there and have a cure with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I'm only joining the discussions here for the first time this series now, but:
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    The President's daughter is an awful snakey bitch, though I thought she might have been calling someone more exciting than a journo. I guess any suspicions surrounding Ethan are gone out the window now.

Honourable of Jack to save Karl, but pretty foolish in the circumstances.

Good to see Larry Moss finally coming around to believing in Jack.

Overall a solid episode, much like the rest of the series so far.

+1

Ok series. Not the best of starts but it is getting better. This is the first time that I really can't wait for the next episode

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Interesting take on it that it could be cooling shiznitz. I was thinking that Jack has to die now and this would be his final season. After reading the above it would be a way out for the writers.

Connor Trineer is still waiting for his next break. Every show he's in lately he's lasting less and less. :) Thought he might get a few eps. Not to be.

The scene with Jon Voight telling his buddy about the Senators death was top notch.

Overall a fine episode. A strong season, hopefully it will get even better as it builds to its conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Decent enough episode. The gunfight was good. We'll have Jack and Renee back as a team soon. Thought Jack would have put himself on the line more in order to stop them taking the bio-weapon.

*800th post

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Rovi wrote: »

This would conveniently leave us in the situation that Jack would be okay, but the weapon would be unstable and likely to 'go critical' at any time (or much sooner than intended).

Just my thoughts on watching that particular scene, probably completely wrong. :D

Exactly what I thought...

Not a bad episode, They really arent using Tony much this season, hopefully he will be in it a lot more from now on...

Still don't know if he is good or bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭lukin

tvnutz wrote: »
    Renee is obviously rubbing off on Jack because he saved karl when earlier in the season he wouldn't have. still i hate when 24 brings in some character like that,someone we have never seen before and is a nobody,but yet there is always a scene that shows that this person has a wife and kids or blah blah blah so that we should feel for this character. It is really cheesy and they do it a lot.

Yeah agreed. They do that once every season and it's sooo predictable.
    Like Tony said he knew what he was getting into when he let them in.
    Jeepers, the first husband made a rapid recovery didn't he? I seem to remember the surgeon saying after he got shot that he hadn't a hope in hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

lukin wrote: »
    Yeah agreed. They do that once every season and it's sooo predictable.
    Like Tony said he knew what he was getting into when he let them in.
    Jeepers, the first husband made a rapid recovery didn't he? I seem to remember the surgeon saying after he got shot that he hadn't a hope in hell.
    Indeed, but sure Tony was shot in the neck and back t work in a few hours! :rolleyes:

Not sure about Jack bein affected by the gas, I also think it was just a cooler that broke

But see wha happens

Nothin overly shockin been happenin

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I don't think this is a very solid season at all. The episodes are becoming even more self contained, no real reason to want to continue with the series. As I said previously it is a case of Jack on the run, Jack on the hunt, Jack being framed, Jack getting new information, before being framed again and going on the run. Okay so he has to have tests done to see if he is contaminated but if the tests come up false Jack remains a wanted man blah blah blah.

The use of split screens is purely for phone calls, in previous seasons something else was going on in other screens to move the plot along.

Over all it was an enjoyable episode but the writers need to stop defending their views, it is pretty pointless. Remember if you are still talking you have probably lost the argument.

Advertisement