Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant for Masters?

Options
  • 24-03-2009 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hello!

Im am currently just finishing my Honors Degree and was thinking of doing a Masters. I wasnt eligable for the grant for my degree course but I am technically a mature student now and was wondering if it was possible for me to apply for the grant as a mature student for a Masters even though I couldn't for my Degree???

Comments

Nejimo77 wrote: »
    Hello!

Im am currently just finishing my Honors Degree and was thinking of doing a Masters. I wasnt eligable for the grant for my degree course but I am technically a mature student now and was wondering if it was possible for me to apply for the grant as a mature student for a Masters even though I couldn't for my Degree???

Hello! Under the present scheme you have to take a year in between your undergrad and postgrad to be reassessed. If you went straight in you'd be assessed on when you started your undergrad. However, they are looking at making changes to the grant scheme which is why you should keep an ear out around june for some announcements as it can change. Hope it all works out! D.

Advertisement