Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help on finding language classes in Pavia

Options
  • 24-03-2009 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭

This is a long shot but i figured il try it anyway. I'm moving to Pavia in less than a month. Does anyone know of somewhere I can find italian classes, or any websites that can point me to some lessons when im over there? I've been trying to get a grasp on it myself and it's very tricky. Also it would be nice to have something to do when i arrive before i find a job. Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

I actually did an Erasmus in Pavia last year so I could tell you a good bit about it. I did a language course that was organized as part of the exchange program, however not everyone in the class was a university student. When you get to Pavia, if you go to the Centro Assistenza Studenti, they should be able to help you. They help out Erasmus students and other exchange students in Pavia, but I'm sure they could set you up with some Italian classes and if Lucia still works there, she speaks good English. I think its on Via Mazzini, which is very close to the central university.

Whats inspired you to move to Pavia if you don't mind me asking? I just clicked into the Italian forum out of curiosity, pretty random that the first thread happens to be about Pavia!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

carlop wrote: »
    I actually did an Erasmus in Pavia last year so I could tell you a good bit about it. I did a language course that was organized as part of the exchange program, however not everyone in the class was a university student. When you get to Pavia, if you go to the Centro Assistenza Studenti, they should be able to help you. They help out Erasmus students and other exchange students in Pavia, but I'm sure they could set you up with some Italian classes and if Lucia still works there, she speaks good English. I think its on Via Mazzini, which is very close to the central university.

Whats inspired you to move to Pavia if you don't mind me asking? I just clicked into the Italian forum out of curiosity, pretty random that the first thread happens to be about Pavia!
    Cheers mate, i wasn't expecting anyone to even know where Pavia was. You legend :cool:

Why am i moving? Well, I lose my job and the end of the month so i got no work here. Also, i want to get out of ireland and meet new people. Italians are mostly very sound. Most importantly, my girlfriend lives there and i miss her.

Advertisement