Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin bus route 66 and Celbridge

Options
  • 24-03-2009 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've gone on the Dublin bus website and typed in celbridge and it tells me the 66 services Celbridge. There's no route map though so I can't work out from where it goes/picks up.

Does anyone know does the 66 ACTUALLY serve Celbridge.....and if so where do I hop on!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭Vic_08

67 and 67A serve celbridge 66 does not.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,351 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Have a look here: www.mkmap.com/dublin

You can also get printed local guides from Dublin Bus in O'Connell Street or in some local agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,492 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The 66 serves Celbridge once a week, the first bus on Sunday mornings inbound. This is why it would appear.

For regular services, its the 67/A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭DAVE_K

The 66 serves Celbridge once a week, the first bus on Sunday mornings inbound. This is why it would appear.

that'd explain it!!!

THANKS FOLKS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

MYOB wrote: »

For regular services, its the 67/A.

While this is true it does not explain why when you type in "Celbridge" that the 25, 66, 66A, 66B and 66D in addition to the 67 group.

Unfortunately, I'd love to say that it was for the reason above, but alas I suspect that the reason is much simpler. The stages for the above routes all include one at Lucan Road (Celbridge Road) and that is what I suspect is pulling them all into the results for the word Celbridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Hi all, does anyone know where the 66 stops in Celbridge on Sunday mornings - looking to get into Dublin early tomorrow.

I think it comes down over the motorway, turns left in to the village, goes all the way to where you turn off for Barnhall RFC / HP and goes to Leixlip that way. Stops at all stops along that section of the 67 route.

Route 66 doesn't serve Celbridge.

As best I know, all 67/a buses go Maynooth Road-Main Street-Bridge-Dublin Road-Lucan. There are more 67a buses than 67 buses.

There is one 67a service on weekday mornings via Leixlip.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/67/
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/67a/

Routes: http://www.mkmap.com/dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

Is that down past the Tesco, down the main street and then over the bridge, turning left and heading for youngs cross? Sorry, just don't know Celbridge very well and I haven't used the bus so far, just the train. I'm looking to get to Eden Key for half ten and it's this bus or a taxi!

victor - the 66 does, definitely, serve celbridge, once a week on sunday mornings as stated above.

Concussion - yes, thats it.

• Advertisement

MYOB wrote: »
    victor - the 66 does, definitely, serve celbridge, once a week on sunday mornings as stated above.
    Wow, thats a bit random. :)

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/66 - "From Straffan Road, Main Street Maynooth via Dublin Road to Intel via Celbirdge,Young's Cross Castletown, Leixlip, Lucan Village"

its known as the 'around the world' bus in my family, as it feels like thats where you've been before you get to lucan. Many a mid morning flight was caught with the aid of that bus before i learnt to drive!

Advertisement