Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an auditor

Options
  • 24-03-2009 3:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

I am looking for an accountant to audit a limited company accounts. I legally need the accounts to be audited, and I don't know if it must be done by a company or if a physical person can do it - I mean all the accountants I see in the goldenpages are big companies, charging big prices, and I wonder if there's a way to get it done by 'a' accountant.

Thanks,

Thomas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭JoeTurner

Hi Thomas

You can use an individual to perform the audit but irrespective of whether you use an individual or a firm to prepare your audited accounts the auditor must be in possession of an audit certificate.

This is different to a practicing certificate which allows a person to engage in public practice (preparing unaudited financial statements etc.)

As an auditor is required to give an opinion on the accuracy of the financial statements there is an additional risk and extra work required and as a result costs of an audit are much higher when compared to accounts preparation

Hope that helps

Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭crazzzzy

The accountants with audit cert usually are advertised as accountants and auditors. Do you know anyone who has had audited accounts done? you could ask any business contacts if they recommend any firm.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭ybbi

There is plenty of small practices, that can do audits, I work for one in Derry. Most small audit could be between 3 and 5 grand. really depends on the work been done.

Where are you based? if you need further advice just pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭cfarrell

Are you absolutely sure that you need to be audited?

Most small companies don't need to be audited.

Things that mean you do have to be audited while still being a small company include:

1. Late annual returns to the Companies Office in current year or prior year
    2. Having a subsidiary or partent company
    3. Company limited by guarantee rather than by shares
    4. Regulated business.

If none of the above apply to you, then you may not need an audit.

Most accountancy firms will be able to audit a company...not just the big ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭The CCAinsider

Go to www.accaglobal.com and "find an accountant". You can search by location and the site will say if the person is a registered auditor or not. All of the small firms will be listed alongside the bigger ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Have you actual rang for a quote of auditors in your area.

Ring and ask them for a quote, stating what your Sales where last year, what they are this year, how many employees have you got. What type of business you do etc.

Your paying for the auditors report am afraid.

Advertisement