Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Years S.U.

Options
  • 24-03-2009 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Hey all, Just wondering if anybody on boards is or knows of anyone who is thinking of running for the S.U. next year?

After the.....and i think i speak for everyone when i say "less than successful".....S.U. this year, a change is most def needed. Granted, if you are in 4th year or do not plan on returning to Tallaght next year then you my not be all that concerned with who takes over the reigns, but i still think that all 4th years should still vote and/or participate in some way. Leave the college in good hands etc.

This years S.U. (not mentioning any names therefore cannot be removed/banned/barred) really did sweet F-all for the college. This is not a personal attack on any of them as im sure they are nice guys, but had anybody ran against them they would not have been voted in. They had no college policies (although most go untouched anyway) posted up or even had an introduction in the canteen to explain what they proposed to do about any underlying problems that current students had about the college. To me it looked like they viewed it as a year off with pay and free tickets to socials - which have been poor to say the least.

Rumour has it that 2 of the current S.U. plan to run for election again this year. There will be 2 of my friends and myself running for election hopefully this year. We already have some policies set out that we actually plan on doing something about and have been in discussion with the relevant parties in the college about these issues.

Id really like to hear what other issues any students have and what you think the current S.U. is or is not doing right.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭DancingDaisy

Can I ask what policies and issues you will be running with, and if you have practical plans to achieve these policies. I am currently in fourth year, but would be really interested in voting for people who would make a difference.

What position are you running for? Do you have any previous experience in positions of responsibility, such as this?

I should probably stop quizzing you now!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭sickpuppy32

firstly you need to do your research, go around and get peoples gripes about the college. Be honest that your thinking of running for election and want to get peoples opinions. Dont sell yourself, just listen to the people. Older students are more likely to vote as opposed to freshers so focus on these lads. Also talk to he lecturers, you wont be representing them but you will have some common causes. Also get your dirt together, have an attack plan to throw at any of the incumbant SU lads should they decide to run again. Its not unethical if the mud is real!

Advertisement