Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jade's Ghost

Options
  • 24-03-2009 1:03am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've heard that Jade told her kids that she would return to them as a ghost, I assuming it was to comfort them when she died, hopefully some good will come from it for her children.

However can the living keep such promises? is someone more likely to return to earth "in spirit" if they made their intentions to do so known in life?

Many people have made such claims, I wonder if their outlook changes after the fact.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

Stoner wrote: »
    I've heard that Jade told her kids that she would return to them as a ghost, I assuming it was to comfort them when she died, hopefully some good will come from it for her children.

However can the living keep such promises? is someone more likely to return to earth "in spirit" if they made their intentions to do so known in life?

Many people have made such claims, I wonder if their outlook changes after the fact.
    well i know when i go i coming back to haunt my bank manager,,,lol

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Board Walker

surte she's on most haunted next sunday aint she?

that was bad.. sorry :o

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Stoner wrote: »

I heard comments like 'mummy will be the brightest star in the sky'. And she told them that if they needed her, to think of her and she would be there. Didnt hear the 'ghost' comment, but if it is accurate, Id say its the kind of thing you tell kids... that youll watch over them from heaven, and be there for them etc.

Sometimes making such a promise before you die, can be an awful burden for the family. They look for the person theyve lost, and 'chase' the contact that has been promised to them. So Im all for the reassurance of a promise to watch over your loved ones from the beyond, but promising real contact, I think, is a mistake. Noone knows what will do once we pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

She did make comments about coming back as a ghost. I have the article here somewhere with quotes from her. I'll try dig it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

6th wrote: »
    She did make comments about coming back as a ghost. I have the article here somewhere with quotes from her. I'll try dig it out.

You made the same threat recently....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Didn't Houdini say that if it was possible to come back as a ghost then he would...? He never did though. If he wasn't able for it then I don't fancy Jade's chances.

Didn't Houdini say that if it was possible to come back as a ghost then he would...? He never did though. If he wasn't able for it then I don't fancy Jade's chances.

I think Houdini was a skeptic and hated mediums, labeling them all frauds. He gave his wife a password and told her that he would use the password if he ever contacted her from the afterlife.

As an aside, this came up at a trivia night a few weeks ago. It is amazing what moderating the skeptic's corner does for your useless trivia knowledge :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

You'd be surprise what a TV rights licence agreement could achieve.

GuanYin wrote: »
    You made the same threat recently....

And dont you forget it!
    GuanYin wrote: »
    I think Houdini was a skeptic and hated mediums, labeling them all frauds. He gave his wife a password and told her that he would use the password if he ever contacted her from the afterlife.

Yep, thats what he did. Of course it was all part of his plan. He hated mediums so much that when he realised he was a ghost he decided to lay low.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Calling Houdini's Ghost
    http://www.rense.com/general15/houd.htm Jeff Rense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Here you go:
    Jade Goody wants to haunt her sons when she dies.

The cancer-stricken reality star - who is said to be in her final hours - wants to come back as a ghost so she can watch over her sons Bobby, five, and Freddie, four, and scare away future girlfriends she doesn't approve of.

The 27-year-old said: "I might come back as a ghost so I could always be there looking after my boys. And they'd need it.

"Bobby will be OK, he'll be the type to have just one girlfriend but Freddie will probably have seven on the go and he'd get them all pregnant. I'd have my work as a ghost cut out.

"Every time Freddy would have a horrible girlfriend, I'd be like an evil spirit attacking them until they run out of the house. My boys would have to say, 'Don't worry, it's just my mum.' "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

I personally suspect that Jade will follow the precedent set by all people who have died and remain dead.

6th wrote: »
    Here you go:
    She did a good line in gallows humour there. :)

Reeeeeeeeeeeally doubt she meant it literally tho. You can cancel the seance, boys.

Just to moderate for a second.

Let us ensure that we remain respectful of the dead here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Those poor kids must be waiting around for their mam to come back.

Daye Fiyeve in the Big Brotha Haunted House...

WindSock wrote: »
    Daye Fiyeve in the Big Brotha Most Haunted House...
    :D

Just in case you think a tv show celebrity seance thing is beyond the bounds of good taste... Its been done with Diana. I wouldnt be AT ALL surprised if they tried it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Did they ever get that A-Team reunion off the ground?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭deereidy

Wouldn't be surprised if she appeared on Most Haunted.. it's a Living TV show and that channel owns her soul..

Who's to say people dont come back . If they have infact moved on to a higher plain, then maybe they they have moved on to a higher consciousness. Giving us little subtle signs that many might consider to be coincidence.

Then again life is a gift and once they are over the other side might feel that by contacting us is interfering with this gift hence interfering with our spiritual development.

• Advertisement
Advertisement