Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to go about this

Options
  • 24-03-2009 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭

hi folks

i love to write lyrics to songs , i have shown them to a few friends who sing & i am told they are good

i have no musical talent at all so cant write the music side

basically i know how i think they should sound but cant do it myself

my only thought is to find a musician and get them to do it

any other suggestions, is there somewhere that you can send lyrics and if they like someone would work on them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 donkeypop

Starchild,

Getting a musician to help you write them is obviously the best way to go in the short term. There are also some competitions which judge song lyrics, and it could be worth submitting them if you think they are good. (The John Lennon songwriting comp. comes to mind).

However, I would warn that you should only enter reputable competitions. You should also send your lyrics to yourself by registered post and keep the envelope (without opening it) to protect your copyright before you start working with a musician or entering the lyrics into a comp.

I doubt if you write lyrics and you "know how you think they should sound" that you have no musical ability. You can learn to play guitar to a level where you can write a simple song in the space of 6 months, and it's nice to be able to do it all yourself. Even if you can't sing very well, you can then find someone who is a good singer and you can start performing etc., which would be easier than finding someone who will write melodies using your lyrics.

Finally, you could post a song on a forum like this (after you have protected them as stated above) and you might get someone interested in helping you provide a melody. You never know! ;)

Advertisement