Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get old Ordnance survey maps?

Options
  • 23-03-2009 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone would know where i would be able to get my hands on (online preferably) old ordnance survey maps.

Specifically i am looking for a map that would contain the river liffey and kings rivers valley before the flooding (now blessington lakes) prior to 1940.

I managed to find a nice map on Irelands historical mapping archive but this only lets me purchase A4 sections of the map at any one time which is of no use to me.

I would appreciate it if anyone could point me in the right direction.
    Cheers
    wgsten

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I think you have to pay for it. Im in UCD and we have full access to all historical maps since the 19th century but theres a login required so i presume it costs money.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

This is a trick another poster put up a little while ago.

This site / service is supposed to be login and subsciption supported, but you can workaround the login by going here and clicking the Historical mapping service link. If you use the link directly, it asks for logins, if you go the above way, it bypasses it for some reason.

There are from c. 1890. Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

dont the county libraries have back to first edition maps the donegal one has ( but they dont let you copy the first edition OS)

Advertisement