Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ooooh my god

Options
  • 23-03-2009 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

decided to edit this and report my siting on astronomy ireland instead

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 robin banks

mukki wrote: »
    decided to edit this and report my siting on astronomy ireland instead
    Was it a big bright light . Did travel in a west to easterly direction .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

yeah at 20.20 thought it was north, but have no compass, deadly wasn't it, doubt it was the iss, it went dark red before it faded out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Why would you edit your post? Can't you report your sighting on both? Don't forget the IFAS forum too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah wtf? Thats just stupid :confused:

i heard that astronomy ireland ignore any info they recieve that has been posted elsewhere, for example, 10 people could report seeing something after reading it elsewhere,and they will messing up all the details of direction etc.

• Advertisement

anyway read the iss was visibal last night for 3 mins at 8.15, so it was the iss, amazing site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

AI will just try to sell you stuff so don't bother...trust me on this one

lol, your so right, they replied with a service that will text me when the iss is visible, at e1 per message

The reason I said so is cause I know the staff are made write those emails and they're checked by the manager and boss so they don't have a choice! It's not their fault, it's the eejits on top!!

I know cause I used to be one of the poor souls being made to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

When you worked there Linguo did anyone ever ask them why their shop is so ridulously overpriced? Its about 50% cheaper to ship stuff from UK/US or Germany.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

In my astronomical innocence last year I was about to head up to the Star -B -Q with my 12in Dob. I knew some of the guys that I know from IFAS would be there. Got a PM from one of the guys to tell me not to bring the scope. He was very embarressed and apologetic but he knows the score with AI and thankfully forewarned me. He didn't want me to be turned away at the gate...... Only scopes allowed at the AI Star - B - Q are Celestrons that AI sell in their shop Or ATM's (ie DIY built scopes)

You know, one wouldn't want me, who is giving of my time and showing the public the cosmos through my scope which is supposedly the purpose of the Star -B -Q....one wouldn't want me to answer with the word 'Orion' when members of the public ask me what brand of scope I got and where I got it.

I could even understand it if the event was free and subsidised by AI (ie they needed to sell a few scopes to cover the costs, but they charge 40 feckin euros !!

AI is nothing but D Moore LTD. Its more of a business than an Astronomical Soceity.

'My Opinion and not necessarily the opinion of Boards.ie"

Of course staff know and the brave ones do argue the point big time, I did for the short time I was there. But you can't win with them simple as that, you could sit there arguing with them all night and they still couldnt get it into their brains. Thankfully its a long time since I was there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

mukki wrote: »
    i heard that astronomy ireland ignore any info they recieve that has been posted elsewhere, for example, 10 people could report seeing something after reading it elsewhere,and they will messing up all the details of direction etc.

That's a good reason not to report it to them imo.

Advertisement