Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Logo design?

Options
  • 23-03-2009 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm just looking for some guidance for my wife. She is setting up a small business and is looking to get a logo designed. As initial budget for marketing is low, she was hoping to get the logo designed by a student who may do this free for their portfolio (she already has a cousin friend doing this for her website).

Is getting a student a good thing firstly, and secondly, how do we go about requesting this?

If anyone has any other suggestions, they would be greatly welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭nuttlys

my friend graduated from ncad last year. from what i understand they were approached by many people looking for design and creative work, most were offering payment tho. If your looking at colleges ncad or iadt. dit at a push.

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Thanks. Dont suppose you know what sort of payment they were looking for?

Also, are there any sites I can go to to look for any students that might do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Alan1988

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jazzy_jeff

There is a section on worth1000 called "Jackpot" where you can put up a prize of as little as $50 and have quite a few people bang out a design for you based on parameters you set like colour or type of company or if there's a certain symbol you want to feature. Could be another option if you can't find free.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jazzy_jeff

Ok so ive just been onto worth1000 for my own website, looks like they charge a listing fee as well as the prize. The listing fee for a commercial website is $200.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Tipp-Boy

jazzy_jeff wrote: »
    Ok so ive just been onto worth1000 for my own website, looks like they charge a listing fee as well as the prize. The listing fee for a commercial website is $200.

I used www.irishlogos.ie and for €210 got logo in all specs along with other templates. IMO this is great value and just stumpled upon them. Can't imagine many others beating this.

Advertisement