Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragonica, a new PC Game published from Ireland & Beta Competition

Options
  • 23-03-2009 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi guys,

My name is Jamie and I'm with a games publisher called gPotato.eu based in the Digital Hub.

We have a brand new game called Dragonica which I was hoping I could talk about on boards (I've spoken to monument) and introduce you to. You can check it out at http://dragonica.gpotato.eu

Dragonica is an arcade-style 3D side-scrolling game, that also features a classic ten player multiplayer mode. It is a free PC game that will be released in a few months time. As we are based out of Dublin, I would like to offer the boards.ie members who'd like to try the game out a guaranteed access to our Closed Beta in a few weeks time.

We showed the game off a fortnight ago at the Games Fleadh in Tipperary and got a really positive response to it, so we're hoping that players on boards will like it too. If you have an old control pad sitting in a shelf, dust it off and get yourself a USB convertor for it and get ready. I'm currently playing on a SNES pad, and it plays really well.

If you are interested in having a go, please send me a PM. Just register for a normal gPotato.eu account and then send me a PM with your username. I've about 10 pairs of slots up for grabs (ie winner and a friend), and will do pick those involved around then.

If you're in a clan or a guild, or a college games society, please let me know as I have seperate accounts available for these.

Thanks guys!

Jamie
    gPotato.eu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

That looks really nice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,864 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Love the art style. Nice references to Turtles in Time and MGS too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Looks great. Cant wait to see it in it's full glory.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Looks like a really good game, love the art :)

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭jamiemc

Hi guys,

Thanks for your interest in the game, it is a lot of fun and there hasn't been a decent sidescroller in a long time. You can't really beat free either, and the ten player multiplayer mode is great craic!

I've signed those that have contacted me so far into my big red book of beta testers, so you're in. If you like the look of Dragonica, tell your friends, it's a nice change of scenery for all of those of you who are looking for a break from your other games.

We've tested the game on tons of machines too, including the wee netbooks and the games low system specs really mean that will be an accessible game, with gameplay that appeals to you whether you are 30 or 12.

Thanks guys, and help us spread the word!

Jamie
    gPotato.eu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Looks very good, fair play to you guys. Bit of a 'King of the Dragons' vibe there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

This look's absolutely amazing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Kernel wrote: »
    Looks very good, fair play to you guys. Bit of a 'King of the Dragons' vibe there too.

That game was awesome, if this approaches a fraction of the fun KotD had then its a classic.

Saw an interview with one of the Dragonica team in PC Live a few weeks back, sounds very nice. I lol'd at the ninja style guy hiding in a cardboard box and the archer shooting guys into the screen, TMNT Arcade style.

Hi guys,

I'm glad you like the look of Dragonica, it plays as well as you think it does :) There's a lot of irreverent references to other games and pop culture in it, so we know that anyone who gets them will have a laugh.

I've still a few slots for the Closed Beta if anyone else is interested? Also, if you're in a Guild or a Clan and would be interested in a few of you taking part, send me a PM and I'll see what I can do to get a few extra places for you.

Thanks!

Jamie
    gPotato.eu

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

PM sent, this sounds fun :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Nice to see some Irish getting in on the scene. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

pm sent,game looks awesome! hopefully you have some slots left :)

I've had a lot more messages for the beta keys, so I suppose I should open up a few more places then. As the game is made for four people to adventure together on, everyone who sends me a PM with their account id before 10am on Monday March 30th can get a space for themselves. I'll also give you slots for a a further three mates so you can play the beta with you if you send me on all four of your gPotato.eu id's.

For those of you who have contacted me already, if you want to bring in 7 mates, just send me one PM with all their id's. Thanks for your encouraging words, and it's great to see that a game out of Ireland can get such a warm reception from players.

The game is great craic, and it's not clicky like a lot of the free roaming MMO's, instead it's more like SF2 in combat. I'm using a SNES or Xbox 360 pad on it, and I prefer the SNES pad because it just feels like the game myself and my brother played for weeks on end growing up.

It would be great if we can have a healthy Irish player base to kick off with , and we easily see that there's scope for the game at gaming lan's. If you've anyone on boards you think might be interested in this game, point them to this thread in a PM.

Dragonica is a free game, you get to play the game for free for life, as well as the next free game we have coming in the not too distant future. If you are looking for the fun, free game to play on your PC, laptop or wee netbook this Summer, gPotato.eu will keep you entertained.

Thanks and keep the pm's coming in!

Jamie
    gPotato.eu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

When's the beta client available to download?

It'll be available in the coming weeks. more than a few, but not too far off :)

Is there still beta keys left? Pm'd you my username yesterday,would love to play this tonight :)

Hi guys,

The game isn't available for download yet ... but I might just run a few play tests in april in the digital hub. If you're interested in that one, send me a PM. Just let me know if you want to attend the under 18's one or the over 18's one.

If you're in a games society in any of the dublin colleges, let me know. I know a lot of you played the game in Tipperary at the Games Fleadh, so if you want another go, get in touch. Also, if you are in a school in the area around Thomas Street, as a student or a teacher get in touch.

Thanks guys

Here's the intro:

Jamie
    gPotato.eu

jamiemc wrote: »
    Hi guys,

The game isn't available for download yet ... but I might just run a few play tests in april in the digital hub. If you're interested in that one, send me a PM. Just let me know if you want to attend the under 18's one or the over 18's one.

If you're in a games society in any of the dublin colleges, let me know. I know a lot of you played the game in Tipperary at the Games Fleadh, so if you want another go, get in touch. Also, if you are in a school in the area around Thomas Street, as a student or a teacher get in touch.

Thanks guys

Here's the intro:

Jamie
    gPotato.eu

Looks cool but me and my friend are wondering should we just pre-register or will we get beta keys for the beta when its released?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

You should drop a line to the chaps at rockpapershotgun.com - it's a fairly big, perhaps the biggest, PC gaming blog.

Good luck!

P.

Hi guys,

If you pre-register directly with me, ie register with gpotato.eu and send me your account id by pm, i'll guarantee you access. if you miss the chance while i'm divvying them out, you'll then be entered into a lottery for them. I'm letting people bring 3 mates in with them until Monday morning at 10am, so you've the weekend to ask about and see if there's anyone up for doing it with you.

oceanclub, thanks for that, i might just do that

Thanks

Jamie
    gPotato.eu

• Advertisement

The intro video look's very very good, I've got a a gamepad here and waiting :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Great looking trailer :cool:

Thanks for everyone who contacted me up until this morning, I'll be sending you a PM with details of your four beta keys.

I still have a number of pairs of beta keys available, so if you're interested, just send me a PM.

Thanks!

Jamie

Waiting for meh key :P
    ----
    No seriously, I am :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Jamie, would it not be worth your while to try to push this on xbox live? At least then the team would get a few quid out of it, and it looks suited to consoles.

Don't think it is really up to Jamie :/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonica

Umm helllooo?

Hi yeah i havent got mine either but give the guy a break,you dont know how busy he is

• Advertisement

Ok, I was just wondering if anyone else had gotten their key's yet.

Advertisement