Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop crashing.

Options
  • 23-03-2009 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

In recent days my laptop has been crashing on a regular basis. A blue screen instantly pops up with an error message when it crashes. Everytime this happens the laptop restarts before I even get a chance to read the error message properly, which is obviously incredibly frustrating.

I'm really bad with stuff like this so it could be something simple that I'm overlooking. I've ran a scan and no problems were detected so I'm at a complete loss as to what's going on here. If anyone could shed some light that'd be great and much appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

go to my computer properties - advanced - startup & recovery - uncheck teh auto restart.

you should be able to read off the error msg then

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭mumof3angels

hopalong85 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

In recent days my laptop has been crashing on a regular basis. A blue screen instantly pops up with an error message when it crashes. Everytime this happens the laptop restarts before I even get a chance to read the error message properly, which is obviously incredibly frustrating.

I'm really bad with stuff like this so it could be something simple that I'm overlooking. I've ran a scan and no problems were detected so I'm at a complete loss as to what's going on here. If anyone could shed some light that'd be great and much appreciated.

Cheers
    Hi
    did you get your laptop fixed ?
    I have the exact same problem with my laptop and it is driving me mad:mad:
    could you let me know how you sorted yours out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭death1234567

Sounds like overheating or a bad memory stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 fluffy.death

Sounds like overheating or a bad memory stick.

I'll second that, if it's the same the error message will lead to crap about some embedded controller. Anyway, turned out to be a bad memory stick.
    If you've more than one stick, test each one separately and figure the evil one.
    If there's only one stick, try changing which slot it's in, or steal some different ram.

• Advertisement
Advertisement