Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mint: Refresh rate stuck

Options
  • 23-03-2009 3:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭

Just messing around with Linux Mint again and I noticed some tearing in my videos, decided to investigate! :pac:

Started off with the basics, the refresh rate of my monitor (a 22" Acer), resolution is fine but my two refresh rate options are only 50Hz and 51Hz, and not 60Hz as I'd like!
    screenshotmonitorresolu.th.png

Always trying to understand and learn a bit more about Linux and I believe this is X Window Server territory and I might have to fool around with xorg.conf...?

Also, the videos I'm watching using SMPlayer which is my favourite player, but it does have some very confusing output video driver options, a big long list of them xv, x11, gl, gl2... all very confusing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

See if you can find the specific modeline needed for your monitor,this would be put into your xorg.conf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

I think it's possible to fry your monitor if you do it wrong, so be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Ohh, wouldn't want that!
    I thought it would be in the nvidia-settings thing too but it isn't.

I've been reading a few of the ubuntu forum posts and maybe I should reconfigure xorg? Would that be necessary/fix it?

Advertisement