Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Networking Sites

Options
  • 23-03-2009 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hey

Im writting a thesis on how effective marketing brands and products are on Twitter and Facebook, its due in next week:confused:. Im looking for Irish people who do and dont use Twitter, if you use it why do you like it and which companies do you follow and why?

And if you dont use Twitter why not?

Any info or thoughts on this would be great!:)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I do have a bebo account - set it up a few years ago to keep an eye an what my teenagers were up to! Also found it great to keep up with my young brothers. In the past year or so though I havent really used it at all. I do feel its very much aimed at the 12 - 22yr old age group.

I have a facebook account for about 9-10 months now and I do use it regularly. Its a good way of keeping up with people I wouldnt normally gete a chance to see regularly.

I havent gone near twitter yet, mainly because between boards.ie and facebook I already spend enough time on the net as it is, so it hasnt caught my attention yet. From what little I know of it, it sounds very like a highly stripped down facebook with only the status update text left. If that's true, and I want to keep people up to date with what I'm doing I could just change my facebook status on regular basis to get a similar effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

And if you dont use Twitter why not?

erm.. why would I ? what does it offer me that the others don't?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Haven't got a twitter account but from what i can tell its pretty much you posting what is going on in your life and other people checking it out. I have no interest in this.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

you could also check for any negative effects of such advertising

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Nowhaus

Hi
    Have you considered putting up an online survey to get your info? If your going to discuss other ppls networking activity/opinions its a great way to get all the info u need, ie demographics...gender/age, online activity and frequency, what social networking sites they use..bebo, facebook, my space... why they do or dont use them. , why they like it etc. There are loads of sites out there that allow you to set up basic online surveys for free, surveymokey is good but theres loads more. If this is a thesis/dissertation, undergrad or postgrad u really need to be taking an ad hoc sample or target audience, otherwise your info has very little substance and does not support ur research question/hypothesis very well. I used online surveys for my undergrad and post grad thesis and was able to get up to 100 responses in a day by asking friends on bebo or facebook to take a min to complete it. I know your short on time so maybe this advice is a bit late in the day, but if you can spend a day getting this sort of information it will help support or disprove ur hypothesis / assumptions for research question and add much needed validity and reliability. Good luck with dissertation :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 LadyDee

Nowhaus wrote: »
    Hi
    Have you considered putting up an online survey to get your info?

Thanks Nowhaus for your idea, I have made a survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=0mWyKVsQ4ptPK4JTSTjTZQ_3d_3d

I need 100 people to fill it out so far I have 15 please help!!xx

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

16 now anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Nowhaus

Done and done ma friend. Best of luck with the dissertation... your nearly there so dont panic!:)

Advertisement