Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any idea what these angle things are?

Options
  • 23-03-2009 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭

A neighbour of mine, a handy man picked up four of these objects at some stage, he gave me two of them yesterday as he thought they might come in usefull for something or other around my workshop, which, I'm sure no doubth they will!

Anyway, does anyone know what they were originally belong too? He believes they are DeWalt and off some sort of woodworking machine. They are pretty big and solidly constructed so I'd imagine it was a pretty savage machine that they belong too. The two i have seem to be a left and a right.

unknown1-1.jpg

unknown2-1.jpg

So I was just thinking what I could do with them! Any ideas? one that I came up with was using an old pillar drill jig (which you put a power drill into), cutting the pillar shorter, then fixing it onto the metal arm of the angle jig. making a base for it or raising it so I could slide timber underneath and clamp it then use it as a jig for drilling holes at different angles.

unknown3-1.jpg

unknown4-1.jpg

Could always use the other one as a taper jig for the table saw, just make up a longer wood fence and stop block for it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

They're huge big things,don't have a clue to what their original job was.

I think your taper jig idea is a good one,your a good way there already,I'll have the other one if your stuck;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

they look like attachments for table saws to allow you to cut tapers with it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I would have said some sort of attachment for a machine.I just realised after rereading your post that the pillar drill thingy wasn't part of the setup,although that would make a very handy jig for drilling as you say. I think you got yourself two handy jigs there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Scratchface

They look like a part off a table saw for tilting and setting the angle of the blade. would be some table saw though !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Cheers for the replies guys! It seems that they are angle gauges off a DeWalt radial arm saw! Or so I've been told by a few people, I cant seem to find any pictures of them in use though. I'll let you know what crazy idea's I come up with for them! :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement