Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for 6/8 inch Reflector Please

Options
  • 22-03-2009 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

Redshift .. is it ok to post this here ? ? please move it if you need to ,
    Tnx Redshift

Hi Everyone

I am looking for a scope and if anyone has a 6/8 inch reflector second hand that has been cared for and in good nick , i would be interested .

I am very close to buying an Skywatcher Explorer 150 , I was wondering if anyone could give me some info please as regards how good , how bad it may be , i want to do Deep Sky Stuff and Planetary too , so would like a good mix scope , if such a beast exists ;-)

I said i would try this section here as im about to order from the UK in the next day or two , but might wait , i will play it by ear .

I would be very grateful for any views or comments please
    Thank you in advance

Martin
    Stargate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,897 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Are you signed up at CloudyNights Stargate?

http://www.cloudynights.com/index.php

Make a thread about it in the refractors or beginners forum and you'll get van answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Was wondering where you went lol ,

Yea im signed up there ( Cloudy Nights ) and a few of the other buy and sell links i gave you, i posted in those too , just playing a waiting game now , i`ll PM ya and let you know whats been happening re the other ones iv been looking at ,

Have you been keeping an eye out for the ISS + the Shuttle hooked up flying over Ireland for past few nights?

7.43 pm tonite

Hows tricks in lovely Galway ? ;-)

Stargate

I was out home, no internet in the arsehole of nowhere, saw the ISS though, saw a bit of detail aswell with my fathers good binoculars, well I saw a bit sticking out the top of a little yellow blob anyway, still very good though. Had some great nights here in Galway, a whole week of clear skies all of a sudden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

yip , most of the week when the rest of the country had clear skies , down here in Cork we had thick fog for most of the nights and parts of the day , real bummer lol

Nice to see the ISS + Shuttle hooked up , i took out a pair of binos here
    " Regent 10x50 " but i didnt manage to see details , it looked so bright , i think i could see more detail when i looked at it with the naked eye lol ha , in the binocs it seems like one ball of light and i tried hard to keep still but at that magnification Thargor its damn impossible to stay still without having the wobbles , even leaning against a wall for support ,

Hopes your new scope man , you defo sound like your enjoying it better than the one you had

did you take a look at the info on the Skywatcher 150mm , €270 new delivered to Cork from the uk

Not bad

Stargate

Yeah I like it, cant wait to upgrade now already though, I got a really wide angle 32mm eyepiece in that Celestron set and its great for finding stuff, I use that more than the finder, going to go after some doubles now from the book Turn Left at Orion, hope this weather keeps up though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement