Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.

Options
  • 22-03-2009 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Any one else get this get ?
    I saw it advertised for a while, wanted to buy it last thursday but it was only released in ireland on friday. so first thing after work i got it.

installed it and friggin thing wont run ! it keeps crashing and im getting a generic error saying that there was a hawk.exe.dmp file created. tried every suggestion i could find online and have left UBIsoft a help ticket - be looked at tomorrow.

Alot of people have had this problem so might be better to download the demo first

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Are you using Vista? It does have some issues with Vista. I dont have it myself yet but I know somebody who got it working with this:

Quote:
    Vista Fix for crash dump on profile save
    If you are using Vista and are crashing when trying to create a new profile, I've found the solution (for me, at least).

This really only applies if you moved your Saved Games folder to another drive letter, which many people tend to do. Even if you don't think you have, check to make sure!

The short version:
    1. Open C:\Users\YourUserName\, where YourUserName is your Windows username.
    2. Create a Saved Games folder if it doesn't exist. If it already exists, then this is not the same issue.
    3. Try running the game again. It should work fine. Your HAWX saves will be in that Saved Games folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Thats for the suggestion but unfortunately i cant even open the game ! :(
    i get to the very first splash screen and it just freezes, i need to alt tab out to see the error.
    i did have a look for that folder and it does exist

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭foreignobserver

Was that fixed I wonder...

I am tempted to buy this game from play-asia - for only 19 euros, not sure how much is the shipping though...

Advertisement