Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did You Cry?

Options
  • 22-03-2009 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,471 ✭✭✭✭

RDM said the finale would bring you to tears.... well, did it? :)

Did You Cry? 44 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 44 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Derek Coleman

I even cried the second time I watched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Oh OK I admit it I was a little teary!:( Moreso for the fact that there's feck all else decent on TV at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Sad to say and even more loath to admit it but yes, I did, first, second and third time I watched it. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,735 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

babies.. haha :P

sad to see it go all the same.

Galactica leading the fleet into the sun and the old music made me teary. But I cried with a smile at how brilliant a send off that was.

Adama saying goodbye to Lee and Kara and asking Kara What does she hear? God I did it again and cried with a smile.

Adama in the Raptor with Laura when she dies is so sad and I felt for him. Cried.

When we see Helo with a crutch walking with Athena and Hera I smiled like an eejit and was so happy for them. Tears again.

And probably the best of them all..... Adama sitting beside Laura's grave. Jesus christ I nearly fell apart at that one. :(

The mark of a good tv show comes down to one thing for me. Can it dictate my emotions? This show does it every time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

I had to very manfully destroy some moisture in my eyes with my fingers when Doc Cottle and Roslynn had their farewell.

The baltar line at the end about "knowing abit out Farming" got me aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Nope, did feel bad for Adama sitting by the grave alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,303 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Felt sad alright but no you big women!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Nope. I was starting to get bored by the sentimentality by the end. Doc Cottle was his awesome self though.

DeV.

You heartless CYLON. Frakkin toaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Starbuck, what do you hear?

Nothing but the rain.

Then grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Misty-eyed tbh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

I didn't cry because I'm a heartless monster, but I was very close.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭sioda

Mistyness along the lines of the original enterprise getting toasted in ST3

Both scenes with Adama and Roslin alive and dead were stunning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I came twice. Once was when starbuck disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,940 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It was sad and tugged at heart strings, but no, i did not cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭BrokenSpiral

Yup, the scene with the "rag tag fugitive fleet" making it's way into the sun brought a lump to my throat.

I knew the original music would make an appearance and that was the perfect scene for that!

The only thing missing was a close up of the container ship from Colonial movers with the sign "We move anywhere" on the side!!! haha

That episode was nothing short of magic! Very sad to see it go.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Didn't cry, didn't even come remotely close to crying. I was annoyed with all the pointless flashbacks to try and explain the story of characters we already have spent 4 seasons learning the story of...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

After seeing it before me, my brother told me I would cry. With about 20 minutes to go I couldn't find a reason to. It was sad to see Galactica being sent to it's end, but nothing else.

But when Adama starting saying goodbye to Lee, you knew it was going to be final (very similar to LoTR). And I think most people knew how he would say goodbye to Starbuck...and when he did, I shed some tears.

But nothing prepared me for the scene where Roslin dies and Adama places the ring on her wedding finger. Myself and the gf blubbered like children. Completely heartbreaking.

I thought the finale was incredible. Sure, it had a few cringeworthy moments and we still have some unanswered questions, but I thought it was a fitting end to one of the best TV shows of the last decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Certainly didn't shed a tear when Tyrol broke Tori's neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,471 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wow, at the moment its 50/50. 20 people admit to crying, and 20 people are big fat liars. :)

(Well, some of them are, anyway!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

bazz26 wrote: »
    Certainly didn't shed a tear when Tyrol broke Tori's neck.

tears of joy maybe...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I was laughing most of the way through, but that's because I was watching it with mates and we were playing a drinking game. Any time they say frak, take a drink, dog fight take a shot and the like. So we were quite drunk by the end and only half paying attention.

I'll watch it again when sober and see if it evokes more of a response ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Good lord people ....it's a television show.

No tears here, but I will miss seeing new episodes.

Bravo and thanks to the staff and writers on an amazing journey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You're a shower of big sissy pink girl's blouses :pac:

It was sad, El Prez' death scene, Baltar has a soul, Galactica heading off, Starbuck leaving, Adama leaving, the happy Agathon family, Tyrol heading off on his own (to Ireland maybe?), and the robots finally being free to explore with their own ship. But not weepy weepy sad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

DeVore wrote: »
    Doc Cottle was his awesome self though.

DeV.

The Doc is made of granite, what a man!
    Smokes like an old film star too!
    If I ever get in the crap, that's the man I want treating me!

But then, even he was getting a bit broken up in the end, ah well.

I liked Cavils exit, the frakkin' coward...

Nice to see Gaius finally growing a pair too...

And always knew Tyrol would get revenge...

The last flight of Adama with Roslin was heartbreaking, but I didn't blub!

So, does this mean Starbuck was an angel too? A device of god/s to restart humanity?
    Was this whole thing a Noahs Arks tale, the ravaging of a corrupt humanity and a fresh start, once again?
    Who are the Six and Balatar visions working for?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

itll be missed, great show. no tears though, i mean come on get a grip

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I did for the Roslin farewell, reminded me of my granny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Roslin dying, and especially Adama looking over the landscape beside her grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

Some of you people are Vulcans methinks. I'm not even one of those overly emotional arty types. I'm a 'cold rational' atheist and didn't like the ending and yet I still liked the episode despite all its faults....and yet I still shed tears at the pivotal goodbyes. Might have been more down to Bear McGreary's music than RDM's writing though.

Next thing you'll be telling us that you didn't shed tears at the end of Saving Private Ryan!! Liars!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mac 79

no crying here but i did feel like i lost something especially all the farewells, i'm going to miss the show

Advertisement