Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gbb pistols....Pros,cons?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Pro's of GBBs, they look and sound great in action.

Con's are the cool down effect as the gas leaves the mag and the a GBB's performance drops in cold weather. During December just gone when we had ice GBB's were next to useless and you had to keep the mags warm in a pocket to get any use from them. You need them at about 10-12 degrees at least to get the best performance from them.

KSC new system 7 design is designed to limit the effect of cool down which is a good thing and they are including it in all their GBB's. They have it in their M9s and USPs, the Glocks should be next.

The gas usage depends on the gas capacity of the mag, the bb capacity of the mag, the efficiency of the gas flow valve and the temperature at the time. But your average would be about two loads of 20-25 bbs from one gas fill of a mag.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Right, the Cons of a GBB pistol is it is powered by gas that is usually held in the mag and turns to a liquid under the pressure.
    When it is released into the chamber it uses it cools and expands, the cooler the liquid is, the less it expands so prolonged usage will cool the liquid to an unusable level.
    That and they require that you fill them gas to function.

System 7 is a series of guns that reduce the cool-down effects.

The pros of GBB is that they function much more like a real pistol, semi/full auto with an actual slide movement and kick.

It's really between Electric and Gas, springers are useless in a scrim and gas is way more fun.

The 1911 is an absolute classic.
    The USP is really really nice to use.
    The M9 is what people think of when you say pistol.

Really it's personal preference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭TunnelWeb

Which of these would be more gas efficient? The m9 or The m1911 in my earlier post. I've heard that most m1911's are gas guzzlers and use up the gas really fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

It's really between Electric and Gas, springers are useless in a scrim and gas is way more fun.

I really disagree with you saying springers are usless. As long as they have a good spring they can be incredibly handy for those silent kills when you need to stay out of the spotlight and take your target out silently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

as the lads said they are very unreliable in cold weather...electric pistols or sumthin along the lines of the mp7 are a good option

• Advertisement

as the lads said they are very unreliable in cold weather...electric pistols or sumthin along the lines of the mp7 are a good option

Are electric ones good yeah? Do they blow back too?

TunnelWeb wrote: »
    Are electric ones good yeah? Do they blow back too?

I think most people on here who have used both AEPs (electric pistols) and GBBs will agree that GBBs are better overall. The MP7 that Daz mentioned is more of a mini AEG and is a great little thing.

AEPs tend to have a lower fps than GBBs and can be more hassle than good.
    The main AEPs out now are a clone Glock 18 by CYMA and the TM version and the USP.40 by TM.

Once you have a few mags on the go for your GBB you won't really need to woory about cool down. As the mags get a break in between usage to warm up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

The MP7 that Daz mentioned is more of a mini AEG and is a great little thing.

the mp7 is great in that it can be carried as a sidearm as well

Can anyone tell me where I could get an m9 with an accessories rail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

M9s are available with rails yes, most guns are really but if you bother using it with a laser or torch make sure you get a holster to accomodate the gun with these accessories

Ayrtonf7 wrote: »
    I really disagree with you saying springers are usless. As long as they have a good spring they can be incredibly handy for those silent kills when you need to stay out of the spotlight and take your target out silently.

Well maybe not entirely useless, you could throw 'em to create a distraction or something.
    NBB Socom FTW, plus you get semi auto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

As a general rule, full metal guns use more gas and tend to work worse in winter. Therefore, it is a bit off a gas guzzler.The M1911s are not meant to be especially bad. The Tokyo Marui M1911 M.E.U. is meant to be a great gun. I have fired a KJW M9 and a USP and both are lovely guns. The M9 is a lovely heavy piece and the USP is nice to fire. If you are really concerned about saving gas I would go for either the System 7 USP or a CO2 KJW M9 or even these are meant to be OK. If you want alot of rails, I have a KWA Glock 23F which has a bottom rail and an attachment that gives it two side rails, but you can probably get this attachment for other guns too.

Which of these would be more gas efficient? The m9 or The m1911 in my earlier post. I've heard that most m1911's are gas guzzlers and use up the gas really fast.

Of those two, the M9 would be slightly more efficient, but neither would be super efficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Actually the 1911 would be more efficient, it's apparent inefficiency when compared to an M9 comes from the fact that the M9 mag has a gas capacity more than double that of the 1911 mag. Comparing the gas volume per shot, you'll find most (brands vary in efficiency) 1911's are more efficient.

Efficiency can be seriously varied. I have a Maruzen P99 that'll do around a mag and a half in average temperature (15+/-2C) and a KWC USPc that'll do four and a half in the same conditions. Size and slide weights are roughly the same, but some systems (and mags) are just finer tuned than others.

Can anyone tell me where I could get an m9 with an accessories rail?

ehobbyasia stock a number of M9s and 92fs's with rails mainly by KJW.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/pistols-gbb-smgs/kj-works/kj-works-m9-vertec-full-metal-new-version-gbb-pistol.html

I think i'll go with the m9,cause they look class! Not much of a difference with the gas consumption of the m1911 and the m9 is there? And the fps is pretty similar too right? Is this m9 good? http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=21 or are there better ones?

Also,I know this is off topic,but anyone know where ya can buy a laser/light combo to fit a rail? Sorry for being off topic.

I think i'll go with the m9,cause they look class! Not much of a difference with the gas consumption of the m1911 and the m9 is there? And the fps is pretty similar too right? Is this m9 good? http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=21 or are there better ones?

Also,I know this is off topic,but anyone know where ya can buy a laser/light combo to fit a rail? Sorry for being off topic.

That is a pretty good M9, yes. Fps of most pistols are normally pretty similar, with the exception of a few as alot of their performance depends on weather. As for laser/ light combo, eirsoft stock them. This is a pretty good one but I'm warning you. They're not cheap!:P

As for laser/ light combo, eirsoft stock them. This is a pretty good one but I'm warning you. They're not cheap!:P
    Not cheap indeed! :eek: :).Are there Any cheaper laser/lights?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Not cheap indeed! :eek: :).Are there Any cheaper laser/lights?

here
    http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=361

• Advertisement

Thanks.This one any good?

Yeah, looks decent but then again there is probably a reason for the price difference.

Yeah, looks decent but then again there is probably a reason for the price difference.

Yeah probably.Damn airsoft is confusing.:)

I've decided with the pistols,i'll go for this m9 http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=21. Anyone got any comments on this m9? Pro's,con's with it etc....
    Its cheaper than other m9's i've seen,is it good quality?

for an extra few quid you could get the TM one. TM are a good brand, while the pistol itself is ABS (plastic) id you are scrimming it's a good thing.

Yeah probably.Damn airsoft is confusing.:)
    I've decided with the pistols,i'll go for the m9.Anyone got any comments on the m9 in my earlier post? Pro's,con's with it etc....

Pros:

• Realistic
    • Good, crisp, blow back
    • Adjustable hop (surprisingly, alot of KJW pistols don't have this)
    • Heavy and full metal
    • Ultra Reliable
    Cons:

• There can be some problems with the slide not cycling properly but a good big squirt of silicone oil can fix this.
    • HFC134a gas cant really be used with this gun. Doesn't perform well with HFC134a.
    • A little bulky

for an extra few quid you could get the TM one. TM are a good brand, while the pistol itself is ABS (plastic) id you are scrimming it's a good thing.

Its a good pistol but I've heard the fixed hop is a bit of a pain.

Can a rail be put on this m9? Cause I would like to put a laser or light on it...

Thanks for all your info on the m9 mini airsofter.

Can a rail be put on this m9? Cause I would like to put a laser or light on it...

This ought to do the trick ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks for all your info on the m9 mini airsofter.

No problem ;)

Advertisement