Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need a IELTS or TOFFOL grade for applying master's degree?

Options
  • 21-03-2009 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi everyone,
    I am a Chinese student and supposed to graduate in May this year BSc(hons) in Computing Science from GMIT.
    Do I need a English Exam Grade for applying master's in Ireland or other English speaking country?

Thanks. ^^

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

No, if your English was good enough to get you a degree in Ireland, it will be good enough for a masters.

In general, entry to a masters course is at the course directors discretion.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 blukee

AARRRGH wrote: »
    No, if your English was good enough to get you a degree in Ireland, it will be good enough for a masters.

Thank you for your reply.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Each course you apply for will have slightly different requirements, you may have to do some sort of test or show you are reasonably proficient in English in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 blukee

AARRRGH wrote: »

Each course you apply for will have slightly different requirements, you may have to do some sort of test or show you are reasonably proficient in English in some way.

Thanks everyone.But I'm a little confused. You mean I should contact the directors of applying universities and provide some docs for their consideration whether I'm qualified.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Yep, contact the college (the course will have some sort of administrator) and explain your situation. An e-mail will do it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement