Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mercury universal adapter dead????

Options
  • 21-03-2009 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭

ok this is weird...i got the adapter less than 3 weeks ago...it was working fine one minute and then i plugged it out and plugged it into my upstairs socket and the red digits indicating voltage is not showing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭acontadino

just to say if anybody knew of any possible explanations just say

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Does it still work in any other socket? If not just bring it back to where you got it.

Does it still work in any other socket? If not just bring it back to where you got it.

ok when i hit the top of the box thingy the digits(indicating voltage ) flash on and off like normal but rather than staying there it just goes blank

im as much looking for explanation as i am for solutions

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

acontadino wrote: »
    ok when i hit the top of the box thingy the digits(indicating voltage ) flash on and off like normal but rather than staying there it just goes blank

It could be a loose connection or a dodgy wire or something.
    im as much looking for explanation as i am for solutions

Sometimes things just break.

It could be a loose connection or a dodgy wire or something.

Sometimes things just break.

its smells like rotten eggs so i assume the inside has been fried:eek::D

reckon theyd refund it? it cost like 80 euro..my problem is now identifying if it did burn and why

• Advertisement

its smells like rotten eggs so i assume the inside has been fried:eek::D

reckon theyd refund it? it cost like 80 euro..my problem is now identifying if it did burn and why
    It was bought 3 weeks ago. I'd say they'd refund it.

in a further twist to this already intriguing tale, the adapter now seems to have come back to life, divine intervention? who the **** knows!!!

now it leaves me in the rather uncompromising position, get an exchange or assume it was just a little mishap.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

in a further twist to this already intriguing tale, the adapter now seems to have come back to life, divine intervention? who the **** knows!!!

now it leaves me in the rather uncompromising position, get an exchange or assume it was just a little mishap.
    I'd stop using it tbh, if you got a smell out of it, it sounds like it's fried. Take it back for a refund, don't take chances.

Advertisement