Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broccoli - Planted early Sept - still look like cabbage - return to woodies?

Options
  • 21-03-2009 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

How long does it take for Broccoli to happen. Plants are looking bushy but Ive never grown them before.

They are def Broccoli, bought as seedlings.

Bring them back to woodies and demand a refund? :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭hedgeh0g

At last Im seeing some buds, really pleased, was about to rip them out of the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭puheen

some broccoli con take 10 to 12 months to mature these are true broccoli which form small shoots that can be harvested over a long period.
    Calabrese which is the large heads sold in shops as broccoli is quicker about 6 months from sowing in spring . hope this helps.

ps lidl sell seeds for calabrese 'Corvert' i have had great results with this type the last 2 seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭jobrok1

I've always wondered why they label Calabrese as Broccoli in the shops.

It's a bit stupid, like!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Clare man

My Experience is that they take a long time, 9 months in ground and have just harvested some tasty purple spears, best picked small, they are slow, give it time

Advertisement