Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary i parking an absolute joke?????????????

Options
  • 21-03-2009 3:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

DOes anybody else think the parking for mary i students is an absolute joke??? By buliding on top of 100 car spaces for a new building to accommodate up to 1000 more students and no-recreating a new car park is a tad dumb...
    Also by changing every street around mary i to either a 'no parking zone' or ' 2 hour parking' is not going to solve the problem.
    The amount of student cars ive seen with tickets(€40 a pop) and one day outside scotts i saw 8 cars with clamps!
    ....i know its trying to cut down on "lazy students" and traffic ect.. but people that do need to commute from town clare ect have to pay up to €6 parking for a full day at college. um thats €30 a week..
    What ever happened to free education eh??:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

only18 wrote: »
    ....i know its trying to cut down on "lazy students" and traffic ect.. but people that do need to commute from town clare ect have to pay up to €6 parking for a full day at college. um thats €30 a week..
    What ever happened to free education eh??:(

Last time I checked, parking wasn't part of any degree program in Mary I, I can't vouch for anywhere else, but the parking and driving standards around UL would suggest such a module could be of significant benefit to both staff and students.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 only18

'parking wasn't part of any degree program in Mary I' haha true...
    ya went to Ul for a year... and I walked didnt bother even trying the car parks. yellow clamps scare me!
    ...prob my rant was influenced due to the fact my car so far this year was stolen, window broken, window wipers broken off, mirror broken, two parking tickets...blah blah blah... a horse might of been a better option.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

a horse might of been a better option.:confused:
    Someone would have stolen the horse, raced it down the dual carriageway and then eaten it to get rid of the evidence.

sceptre wrote: »
    Someone would have stolen the horse, raced it down the dual carriageway and then eaten it to get rid of the evidence.
    hahaha ya and used the fur as a jacket......
    ... it wud be unusual for anyone to bring a horse into limerick city weighing heavier than a small child... so id say there wud be hardly any eating in it:p

• Registered Users Posts: 21 roverm

dats wat u get for coming to limerick, although UL is a great place, unlike the facilities over in mary I

• Advertisement

roverm wrote: »
    dats wat u get for coming to limerick, although UL is a great place, unlike the facilities over in mary I
    ya ul is really top stuff, went there for a year....and tranfered to mary i.. talk about going from um... umm...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

sceptre wrote: »

There'd be no talk of sending that to france!

o did anyone get the food poisoning/ winter vomiting bug from d ball in mary I:rolleyes: I did not, good fun

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

o did anyone get the food poisoning/ winter vomiting bug from d ball in mary I:rolleyes: I did not, good fun
    Hehe sorry I couldn't help but laugh when you said ''good fun''. either thats sarcasm or your being cruel.

In all seriousness though wasn't Mary I closed for like a week or so because of it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

1huge1 wrote: »
    Hehe sorry I couldn't help but laugh when you said ''good fun''. either thats sarcasm or your being cruel.

In all seriousness though wasn't Mary I closed for like a week or so because of it?

The college was closed on the Friday and Monday before St Patrick's Day to get the whole place disinfected. Because of it being a weekend, followed by our national saint's day, it was a 5 day closure :)

It was not, however, caused by food poisoning at the Arts & Eds Ball. There was no such poisoning.

• Advertisement

An File wrote: »
    The college was closed on the Friday and Monday before St Patrick's Day to get the whole place disinfected. Because of it being a weekend, followed by our national saint's day, it was a 5 day closure :)

It was not, however, caused by food poisoning at the Arts & Eds Ball. There was no such poisoning.
    i heard it was a cover up. food poisoning would have made the college look real bad

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

i heard it was a cover up. food poisoning would have made the college look real bad

Incorrect. Food poisoning would only have made the hotel in question look bad. I can't see how it could reflect poorly on the college itself :confused:
    Anyway, it was the HSE that diagnosed the vomiting bug, not somebody in the college.

As for student parking: it is intended that the current location of the PreFab buildings will be converted into parking spaces once the construction of the new complex is complete.

yeah herd that alryt,,, badly needed tho. dont understand why the guards are givin out parking tickets on the road between alandale and ashbourne. like 4 cars cud fit accross that road.. and no yellow lines or no parking signs??? weird!

yeah herd that alryt,,, badly needed tho. dont understand why the guards are givin out parking tickets on the road between alandale and ashbourne. like 4 cars cud fit accross that road.. and no yellow lines or no parking signs??? weird!

Maybe because that's actually a road and not a carpark...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

An File wrote: »
    Maybe because that's actually a road and not a carpark...

Surely if there's room to park and no 'no parking' signs then parking tickets shouldn't be given?

It's not that hard to put up a 'no parking' sign :confused:

I'm attending Mary I this year and while there are a few off street parking spaces I agree that there aren't enough actual parking spaces, there are a lot of people like me who have to drive 25 miles plus to get in there and then spend up to half an hour trying to get parked and into college.

Unfortunately I know of two people, one who lives on Henry Street and one who lives on Joseph Street who drive to Mary I everyday, madness!

Advertisement