Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do: have saved an older version of a document over the newer version

Options
  • 20-03-2009 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Hi all,

In a bit of a pickle at the moment. Just after saving an older version of a document over my newer version and I have lost one full months work (graphs, text, referencing, formatting, the works):eek:. I only had it saved in two places so now I have two old versions of my document.

Is there anyway that I can recover the newer version somehow? I have tried looking in recent documents but only the older version now exisits there.

All help appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'm assuming you're using Windows. Don't suppose you're using Vista Ultimate or Business edition by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

sceptre wrote: »
    I'm assuming you're using Windows. Don't suppose you're using Vista Ultimate or Business edition by any chance?

Nope, just Wondows XP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

do you have windows restore enabled?

Advertisement