Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steve Bunce boxing hour

Options
  • 20-03-2009 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭

I have to say it, This is a great program on setanta-i learn so much about boxers that i would not get anywhere else on this show and the hour flies in, if you dont watch it, check it out, or for those who feel that they dont get enough mainstream news about boxing this is for you..

Opinions from others welcome..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Johnduddy

The only thing I dont like about Bunces boxing hour is Steve Bunce. He does my head in - he knows his sh*t but he is a headwrecker...his 'telling it like it is trying to be controversial' irritates me. Some people like Bunce because of it, I just find him annoying.

Good show overall though. The news, fighters and trainers they have on are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,096 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I really like his passion and enthusiasm and his non stop
    verbal rants. He sure can talk and he makes you listen. He's so far
    from monotonous and boring, and he is very articulate and concise with
    it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭ShaunD

Johnduddy wrote: »
    The only thing I dont like about Bunces boxing hour is Steve Bunce. He does my head in - he knows his sh*t but he is a headwrecker...his 'telling it like it is trying to be controversial' irritates me. Some people like Bunce because of it, I just find him annoying.

Good show overall though. The news, fighters and trainers they have on are great.

I thought I was the only one!Steve Bunce get's on my wick big time.
    Tell it like it is my ass, did you hear his rant about Amir Khan, leave the kid alone!!!
    Informative show though with good guests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭steve-collins

steve is great i used to hate him but i have taking a liking to him . very informative show and you have to love the guys enthusiasum for the sport him and the kerrminater work well together altoghether a very good show in my book the only problem id have would be that its on too short

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭Johnduddy

Didnt see the leave the kid alone rant about Khan but I have seen him on more than one ocassion go off on one and then have to apologise live on air for offending people.

I like the co-host - but bunce talks over him and sometimes he is just plain rude to the bloke.

No doubting his knowledge and enthusiasm but no amount of either will change the fact that he bugs the life out of me.

• Advertisement

ShaunD wrote: »
    I thought I was the only one!Steve Bunce get's on my wick big time.
    Tell it like it is my ass, did you hear his rant about Amir Khan, leave the kid alone!!!
    Informative show though with good guests.

Didn't hear that? What happened, can you post a youtube clip please

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭ah,sure

I like him. Sometimes, like when he's on about David Haye especially, he's irritating.

But generally it's an informative show, I just wish they'd make it available online on their site, I only have Setanta back at my Dad's so I miss it all too often.

Bunce is best though in the middle of the night, when he looks like ****, gets ridiculously annoyed, and bollocks someone out of it.

Then he goes 'Look, I tell it like it is, I'm the man, etc'. Classic

ah,sure wrote: »
    I like him. Sometimes, like when he's on about David Haye especially, he's irritating.

But generally it's an informative show, I just wish they'd make it available online on their site, I only have Setanta back at my Dad's so I miss it all too often.

Bunce is best though in the middle of the night, when he looks like ****, gets ridiculously annoyed, and bollocks someone out of it.

Then he goes 'Look, I tell it like it is, I'm the man, etc'. Classic

Me too, only get to see it in dads house. Youtube do clips, but it can
    be a pain searching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭steve-collins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭ShaunD

walshb wrote: »
    Didn't hear that? What happened, can you post a youtube clip please

It was Bunce saying "Leave the kid alone" btw, he was giving out about people poking holes in Khan's "victory" over MAB.
    Here is the link for the whole show on Setanta:
    http://www.setanta.com/uk/Features/SSN-Podcasts/setantapods/Steve-Bunces-Boxing-Hour-videopodcast/gnid-34711/
    I can't find a youtube clip.

Edit : just saw the link was already posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭foams

Its a great show, they really get through alot in an hour.
    I could'nt imagine Bunce ever not speaking, that man was bulit
    to to speak, talk about the gift of the gab.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭waterfordkick

I gets a good aul buzz off him. he's a mad bastard. Wired to the moon !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭joepenguin

Great show, love his passion for it, id say he could stay on for the whole day. He's like a cross between one of the lads and a boxing encyclopedia.

Advertisement