Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching client?

Options
  • 20-03-2009 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

I'm currently on GJP and it's handy for rakeback and all that jazz but the traffic on it is very poor (low level SnGs is what I play). Now, do I move to Pokerstars and give up the rakeback? Or should I continue to stick it out with GJP?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭flushje

Full tilt >*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Vamoose Killers

Or Full Tilt for that matter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭flushje

Or Full Tilt for that matter :)

I have tried the majority of sites and Fullt tilt is the best for bonuses (other than rakeback). Plenty of differant games too

Is it worth leaving the rakeback behind though? I try to get 50+ games in a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Full Tilt generally offer 27% rakeback to players who sign up through affiliates. I think the very max you can possibly get is 33%.

• Advertisement

So it is worth leaving GJP? The traffic is the only thing I have a problem with really.

Thanks btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,347 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Is it worth leaving the rakeback behind though? I try to get 50+ games in a week.

Then try them in unison for a while, see which you prefer.

Poker sites are like women really, they don't mind being put in competition against each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 278 ✭✭Rocky Balboa 2

FTP do have good rakeback...27% is decent for a class site..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Poker sites are like women really, they don't mind being put in bed with each other.

here here!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

No RB offers and the likes fellas. Even if you're not offering it yourself. PM's are the way to go.

Also on FT 27% is the maximum that's allowed to be offered by anyone.

Also to the OP, I doubt you're getting "Rakeback" from GJP, they're loyalty bonuses, "Rakeback" is not allowed on iPoker, AFAIK they're kind of anal about the word "Rakeback" being mentioned about a skins "Bonus" and loyalty offerings. :rolleyes:

Just to make sure everyone knows, the rules here are there's no discussing where to get RB or asking for RB. Put it in your sig.

I'll leave this thread open, but it's getting close to having to be locked.

Ste05

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Lol, at deleting the post by the Boylepoker representative who was generously suggesting the op plays at fulltilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Lol, at deleting the post by the Boylepoker representative who was generously suggesting the op plays at fulltilt.
    LOL, I had a little chuckle to myself as I did it too... :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Im shocked you think GJP traffic is bad ! The i poker network for low sngs fill up grand ! i have played 50sngs in 5 hours before no problem.

They do get a little slower after 2am but its not that bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭BlueMonke

FTP do have good rakeback...27% is decent for a class site..

Full Tilt is far from class. Its the most annoying Poker site that I know. Games are hard to find, hand history is rubbish and these are just a few things I dislike.

Been waiting 10 mins on a game this evening, me being the only person in the room.

Ughh, went to play a long session at $30 10 seater sngs last night at around 10pm. Took quite a while for the first table to fill up but eventually things got underway. Registered for the second tourney, 30 mins later and I was still the only one there. Absolute joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

It's cause everyone's playing the double up sngs since they've been introduced.

Hmmm, what are they now? :D Better than the 10 seater sngs?

Have been out of touch lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,347 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Hmmm, what are they now? :D Better than the 10 seater sngs?

Have been out of touch lately!

10 seaters, 5 get paid, flat payout of double your money (i.e., the same for 5th as for 1st)
    Very popular, I hate them.

Hmm, what sort of strategy do you apply there? I take it the passive-aggressive approach some take in normal sngs is out the window? Don't like the sound of them at all to be honest.

• Advertisement
Advertisement