Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to disconnect landline - is it fairly straightforward?

Options
  • 20-03-2009 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭

Hi I want to disconnect the landline in my house as nobody uses it and we're being billed as part of eircom talktime package every 2 months. The account is in my deceased mothers name and I am ringing up for my dad.

Will this be straightforward considering it's not my name on the account? Do I just ring 1901?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

In your situation this is probably best done in writing and be sure you register the letter. Not sure of the address though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Teh Noob

I rang them, they disconnected it and sent me the check for the amount I was in credit. Line was in my husbands name.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

Once you have the Tele No and account no you should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 fleetfoot

Hi all
    After buget 2014 with disabled wife, would like to cancell all land line ie pure tel/eirecom who own the line,
    Any ides how to do this,cant afford land aswell as mobi
    regards to all:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,074 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Don't go digging up threads that are nearly half a decade old.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement